RE: A call for site reports

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:28 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

Just had a week at Eastfield Lodge, Sutton on Sea. Lovely 5 van CS. Enormous pitches, 4 hard standing, 1 grass. Every pitch had its own picnic table and benches. Also a little tree, I think they’ve kept all their Christmas trees, lit up at night by solar powered fairy lights, very pretty.
Site had one coin operated shower, 20p for 2 minutes and 2 toilets and a washing up area. Never saw them cleaning but all were spotless, suspect they snuck in when we were out, most of the day. Then got up very early, we didn’t.
I’m still using our own facilities, loo on board and camping shower in the awning but them I’m the nervous Nellie 🤪 We did use the washing up area, it was partially open air which made me happier.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
FINNWOODY likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:00 am
by FINNWOODY | 137 Posts

We might give Eastfield a try Julie.Getting a shower and loo on a CS would be good for us in our Pan Duo T. How are you getting on with the camping shower? I've tried to convince Mrs FinnWoody that it would be OK but she says it would be too cold.

Last edited Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:02 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:11 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

The camping shower works fine so long as you’re
A. Not too modest, we close all the curtains in the awning but you’re partner is still there, no good if you like to shower alone.
B. It’s not cold this time of year, 1/3 rd boiling to 2/3rds cold water seems to be a good temperature. It hold 7 litres which is enough for two showers and hair washing/ conditioning. I suspect that by Autumn I will either have got over my aversion to communal shower blocks or will be having a strip wash in the van, although we showered in a utility tent in our garden until December when we were renovating our bungalow. I was 8 years younger than I am now, mind you you’re not wet for long. Keep a big towel handy, you’ll be fine.

Only thing to note with Eastfield Lodge is that it’s on the side of the main road into Sutton. There is a bit of traffic noise but it didn’t bother us at night.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+

FINNWOODY likes this post!
Last edited Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:12 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:32 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.319 Posts

Just back from a 2 week tour:-
York - https://www.yorknaburnlock.com - £29.50, decent shower block, free wi-fi working most of the time, level gravel pitches, nice green site and quiet, bus stop outside main gate into York, would return
Durham - https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-sites...tm_campaign=gmb - about £25, usual C&MC green car park site with good facilities but only single ply loo paper, noise from A1 so try and get a pitch on the left when you enter, decent pitches around perimeter but exposed and lacking privacy in centre, jobs worth warden, would NOT return
Craster - https://www.proctorsstead.co.uk/caravan-park/ - £25, lots of space and green grass, old but nice and clean facilities with quilted loo paper, great location, free wi-fi worked OK, would return
Carlisle - https://www.greenacrescumbria.co.uk - adults only, £21 which I still cannot believe, free wi-fi in the hut or we managed on pitch with a booster, oh what a gem, green, lots of space, amazing shower block with underfloor heating and massive wet rooms that have a drench head to the shower along with a power shower hand set, planning to return, photos may give an indication why.

a-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)b-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)c-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)d-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)e-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:14 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

P1020913.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1020875.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

A very nice week away at Diamond camping at Bletchingdon near Oxford, about 40 level pitches [ some for tents ] equally between grass and hardstanding. nice clean and modern sanitary block, and an outdoor heated swimming pool
.http://www.diamondpark.co.uk/facilities.html

[ The toilet block is "twinned" with a toilet in Nepal, but it's a bit of a trek an nigh t
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
scouteralf likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:39 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.319 Posts

Looks nice and a fair price for the UK. Hopefully I will try and remember it.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:26 pm
by Old Rocker | 493 Posts

Manor Farm Sawdon, CL site but also has a small seperate field for non CMC members between Pickering and Scarboro. Lovely quiet site slightly sloping, toilet and shower (both rustic but clean). Lovely owner £16 per night awnings extra shower £1 for 7 mins. We will be going back but maybe best to avoid Sat and Sun. Lots of white boxes in storage but owners seem to come and stay for the weekend where they are stored, very strange.

Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Yesterday is just a memory, tomorrow's never what it's supposed to be

Aaron Calder likes this post!
Last edited Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:27 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12533 topics and 105724 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2