A call for site reports

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri May 07, 2021 11:29 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

Further to my recent thread on 'Losing the will to caravan', I was interested to read the shared concerns of some other members together with the positive responses of those who are determined to carry on and make the best of a difficult situation. Thank you to all who posted replies.

In view of this optimism, I wondered whether those of you who are currently touring would be so kind as to share your experiences not in the traditional way regarding the places you visit, sightseeing trips out, local attractions etc but rather giving frank and detailed accounts of conditions on the sites where you stay. What was the welcome like? To what extent was there interaction with the site owners/wardens? What rules and restrictions have you had to abide by? What has the site 'atmosphere' been like and how has it differed from previous visits? What interaction have you had with other campers and basically anything else that you feel may be of interest to others who may be considering trying to get away in the near future.

It's all a bit nebulous and subjective I know but I'm sure that honest accounts of the highs and lows of your experiences would be helpful and at the very least make for interesting reading.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

RE: A call for site reports

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 12:10 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.120 Posts

Sounds like a good idea Aaron.

We are going to Knaresborough again in a few weeks and I'm sure it will be different in some ways. We were due to go again this last October but a couple of days before our part of Lancashire moved into a Tier Three and our booking was cancelled.

Think the excellent restaurant on site will be closed unless it does some take-away food.

Just be good to get out in the Troll for the first time in 10 months.

MikeT

Last edited Sat May 08, 2021 12:10 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 7:43 am
by Alan | 77 Posts

Trip to Ingleton next week so will post info,it’s a great idea.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 9:38 am
by eribaMotters | 5.319 Posts

Currently on a wet and windy C&MC site, Smallcombe farm, South Brent, Devon.
They have 3 mini individual (2x1m) porta cabin type toilets with handwash and sanitiser open along with a shower in a similar unit. This is our 3rd visit, the first pre-covid and things are as they were originally. Folk in Caravans, Motorhome and a camper are using them when they need to and seem comfortable.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
SOULBLUESMAN68 and Aaron Calder like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 9:59 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

I know you're looking for first hand reports, but I have found in the past that this site is pretty good for factual and honest feedback.
https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 10:19 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.120 Posts

Colin

Are the toilets chemical ones or are they plumbed in?

Mike

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 10:23 am
by eribaMotters | 5.319 Posts

All plumbed in. The camper van two down has put up a toilet tent this morning now the winds are down to low 40mph. I doubt they'll be spending much time in it. They would get a serious bruising if they did as it's bouncing around back and forth in the wind.

Colin

ps - it is so windy I'm worried my waste water bucket will get blown away. Do you think I should put a big tent peg though the bottom of it to hold it in place. I. Would not need to empty it so often as well.

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

scouteralf and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Last edited Sat May 08, 2021 10:31 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 10:40 am

One of our members from years ago attracted a lot of flak when he suggested putting a calibrated hole in the waste water container so that it emptied as quickly as it filled thereby removing the chore of taking it to the grey water disposal point.

He was of course joking.

Forum Administrator
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 10:40 am
by chasnick | 69 Posts

Sounds a great idea Dear Lizza dear Lizza !

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 11:09 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.007 Posts

His name wasn't Eccles was it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tjHlFPTwVk

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 11:20 am

It was Rod who reincarnated as 'Crow', Andy. He and Pete used to have the most surreal exchanges that had me laughing out loud with tears rolling down my cheeks.

He left suddenly and I never did find out why. I miss the irreverence and general silliness.

Forum Administrator
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 11:57 am
by Randa france | 12.877 Posts

He's still an Eribafolk facebook member Brian but doesn't say much. Was he also Zirkeln and Gumdrop? He was "a very Naughty boy" if you remember regarding the other place
Roger

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Frantone and Aaron Calder like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 12:40 pm

Yes, that's the chap, Roger. Often referred to as Rodders, very knowledgeable and helpful to beginners.

Forum Administrator
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 12:56 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #11
I miss the irreverence and general silliness.
Likewise.

There's no point being silly by yourself - people think you're either a complete nutter or (unless you cover your arse - and your posts - with explanatory emoticons), just plain rude.

Spontaneity goes out of the window if you have to pre-apologise with a rash of silly little faces to anyone who might have their nose put out of joint by something which had no intention to offend.

It's all gone a bit po-faced.

Mind you, if you think this place has gone a bit deadpan at times, you ought to go and have a butcher's at the Skoda (Briskoda) forum.

Christ on a bike - if there was ever a place where the content was a mirror image of the demographic, that's it.

The place is full of technophobic old farts either complaining that their infotainment system won't find an address by postcode or asking any other technophobic old fart who happens to be online how to do something which is clearly explained in the ruddy instruction book.

If there was ever a place where RTFM should be a sticky, that's it right there.

And Briskoda is where Rodders is.

Says it all, init?

Randa france, Aaron Calder, scouteralf and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 1:07 pm
by Randa france | 12.877 Posts

So, missing your old sparring partner Pete? I've just messaged him on Facebook so you might need to sharpen your pencil.

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 20 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12534 topics and 105726 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3