RE: A call for site reports

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 1:18 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #15
So, missing your old sparring partner Pete? I've just messaged him on Facebook so you might need to sharpen your pencil.

Be careful what you wish for.

I 'helped' him out with a question in the Skoda place he had regarding rubber mats for his new car. He'd asked where he could get some at a reasonable price, and I pointed him to one of several places on eBay that sold genuine rubber mats for about twenty quid less than the ones he'd seen.

He did thank me (didn't know who I was at the time), and asked what search terms I'd used in Google.

I came within a whisker of replying with 'the right ones'...

A little later he posted again, crowing about having bought the overpriced set he'd found himself. There's no helping some people.

If he comes back on here that'll be the very first thing I'll take him to task over.

Sheesh.

Randa france, Frantone and eribanaut like this post!
Last edited Sat May 08, 2021 1:21 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 2:01 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.007 Posts

Well at least he has the sense to run a Skoda. Mine came with mats fitted.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 10:25 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

By coincidence, a non-Eriba caravanning buddy from t'North (whom we first met at Pont du Gard on our very first holiday with the Triton in 2011) contacted me this evening to say that he and his wife are at the CMC New Forest Centennial Site just down the road from us. He said that the site is currently about 90% full and that the toilets are open but not the showers. Does anyone understand the logic of this? It makes no sense to me.

He also said that they've been on a site near Wareham for the past week and that it was only 10% occupied. I'll get more details when we meet for a coffee next week.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 10:45 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.320 Posts

The guidelines strongly suggest/imply that showers can be opened. On the C&MC forum there has been much heated discussion over this very point as the club has interpreted the guidelines on a "we are going to play it safe approach".

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 08, 2021 11:06 pm
by campnsnooze | 1.148 Posts

As I understand the law. You can open toilets but not showers. They had to allow this, so if you go to a pub garden, the toilet must still be available. If the toilets are sperate from the showers on a campsite they can be opened but cleaned far more often. The words here are 'more often', so most campsites have opted not to open any toilets or they will have to work that much harder!!

Chris

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun May 09, 2021 12:14 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.120 Posts

After the first Lockdown last year we stayed on 5 different C & M C sites and were a bit shocked that each one seemed to have slightly different rules.

When I spoke to a warden he told me that the wardens on each site had been told to interpret the regulations in the way that best fitted the circumstances on their site. So one site allowed four people at a time into the men's toilets using your fob that you were allocated, whereas another only allowed 2.

It is all down to personal feelings but I felt far safer in the one that took 4 than I did in the one that only let two in......................

Perhaps there is a bit of that again?

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun May 09, 2021 2:19 pm
by Randa france | 12.878 Posts

Hi Brian. We haven't started camping this year but I would like to put forward this North Wales Campsite we stayed on last August. This is the campsite Ellen and Mark have their Eriba Nova statically parked.

https://www.bronderw-wales.co.uk/ There are three camping fields on site, Bronderw, Parc Derwen and a CL. All are self sufficient and have their own access points so no "walk throughs".

Although an expensive site it was a pleasure to camp there. The welcome by the owners was very friendly and they chose to offer us a pitch in their "Adults Only" field, Parc Derwen. No worries about nose in or nose out. No views to speak of but quite cetral for the tourist spots on the coast and in the Snowdon National Park. Well maintained flower beds all around.

The small town of Llanrwst is within easy walking distance.

Toilet blocks were kept very clean and every other basin, shower and toilet within the block was shut to stop overcrowding, They relied on the sensible approach by asking users to wait outside if the units were in use. Hand sanitiser was available for use at the entrance to the building. While we were there and the site was full we never had to queue to use the restricted facilities.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Last edited Sun May 09, 2021 2:25 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun May 09, 2021 4:18 pm

A bit off topic, Roger, but I saw a short YouTube video on Newquay in Wales and it looked lovely. Do you know the place?

The video was by 'Hubnut' and family who do quirky car-related videos.

Forum Administrator
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun May 09, 2021 6:20 pm

Yes, it's a fabulous place Brian and we are heading out that way at the end of June. New Quay Wales is a far cry from Cormwall's Newquay. It's a prime dolphin watch area of West Wales and there are many seal colonies along the coast.

The whole of the Cardigan coast is a treasure as is the coastline further south including St Davids, Solva and Newgale. Further south again and you are at Tenby which is an amazing, colourful. pretty (busy) little port.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Aaron Calder, FINNWOODY and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Last edited Sun May 09, 2021 6:29 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun May 09, 2021 7:34 pm

According to Google Maps it's New Quay, as opposed to Corn'all's Newquay.

A few years ago we were around Tregaron way and drove over to Aberaeron with intention to go further down the coast to New Quay but the weather was dire and we found a super seafood restaurant where we had an extended lunch as it p'ee'd down outside and we turned tail and went back to Tregaron.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun May 09, 2021 7:36 pm

New Quay, eh? I shall add it to the 'to visit' list. Are the natives friendly?

Forum Administrator
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun May 09, 2021 8:09 pm

Just tell 'em you know Randa. Tha'll be reet.

Or maybe not.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun May 09, 2021 8:25 pm

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #25
According to Google Maps it's New Quay, as opposed to Corn'all's Newquay..

Didn't I say that in post #24?
Randa

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun May 09, 2021 8:36 pm

Natives very friendly except for their Brummie accents The last time we were down that way I pointed out the error of her ways to a dog owner who let her dog crap on a footpath. I was told in no uncertain terms in a bold brummie accent to mind my own business and she had every right coz she lives here. She told me to get back to where I came from

Brian. Have you visited any of South and West Wales? There are many beautiful beaches and the Wales Coastal Path around the Gower, Carmarthen Bay and Pembrokeshire, is amazing.

Randa

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun May 09, 2021 8:50 pm

[quote=""|p88217
Brian. Have you visited any of South and West Wales? There are many beautiful beaches and the Wales Coastal Path around the Gower, Carmarthen Bay and Pembrokeshire, is amazing.

Randa[/quote]

I second that.

Seafood in Porthgain - scrumptious

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 17 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12534 topics and 105729 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4