in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:57 am
by Tophat (deleted)

Many thanks for your good advice - Michael

2eZero likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Eriba Model 430 or Eriba Model 530

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:10 am
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

I dont have a 430 but would suggest you go for the 530 unless there is something stopping you from having one eg length (due to garage constraints for example : I demolished and rebuilt the front of my garage to get it in) or cost.

Also, I'd suggest its always better to have the extra space and not need it rather than vice verse.

Regarding the fixed bed or dinette option on the 530 the fixed beds are higher and provides lots of storage space as mentioned but for me the rear dinette option provides an additional table that I setup outside in the awning that augments the internal dinette that I use late at night or if its too hot/cold in the awning

Magpie and 2eZero like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:48 pm
by Tophat (deleted)

Dear - eribaMotters,

I see you first had a Triton then you had a Troll and now you have a triton again is that because you like the Triton best ?

2eZero likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:31 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

It was a case of neccesity. Back in 2001 I starting searching for a Triton 430 as this was the smallest van that would suit a growing family. 18 months later I found one and bought it. This was replaced with a new factory order Troll from Belgium in 2007. At that time the Euro was weak at about 1.5 to the £, so a new van from Europe was cheaper than a 2 year old from UK dealer. A couple of years later and financial demands on eldest at University, lack of time and doing a second job meant we had to sell it and return to a trailer tent. A couple of years later Eriba ownership beckoned and we managed to get a foot back on the ladder with a Famila 310. This van we kept the longest and I thought about a new one for retirement. Unfortunately Brexit struck so I had to order a year early and in doing so avoided a £4K price rise. I would have liked a Troll but I realised from earlier Troll ownership that it was a very tight fit getting van into the garage. Having to lift 40+kg garage doors off and 15mm clearance each side was not a good idea. Hence the narrower Triton.
Now we have moved and have no garage issues due to 4m wide door a Troll would be no problem, but for the time we are happy. In the years to come if we replace it then a Troll would be our main choice. The 530 would be a logical step but I like the open feel of the 550 and the door side elevation looks more balanced, but the combi water space heater set up of the 535 is very attractive and gets rid of the ridiculous gas heater. Oh decisions?

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:34 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2