RE: Help please How to stop the non stop whistling kettle like noise coming from our caravan. It is driving us mad

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:14 pm
by DafyddPort (deleted)

Sorry this took hours, there should be only one photo and it is upside down, but hopefully it will give you an idea of how it is. Since before we started this operation there has been an appearance of two lights near the white plug. Hopefully this will help. The noise it still there. D and B

Scroll up

RE: Help please How to stop the non stop whistling kettle like noise coming from our caravan. It is driving us mad

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:38 pm
by DafyddPort (deleted)

It now looks as it it is the right wayup. the lino should be white on the floor, and the word Banner should be the right way up. the blue and red lights have come on near the white plug. They were not there before. D & B

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:49 pm
by JefL | 95 Posts

According to the instruction manual
https://manualzz.com/doc/en/52180589/wae...uel-utilisateur
If the battery voltage falls the red led lights and an audible alarm sounds, probably your irritating noise. First step is to switch the unit off, there should be a red rocker switch near the white plug.
You then need to find out why your battery isn’t charging. Is there even a battery charger installed?
Do you have any means of measuring the battery voltage?

Jef

Jef
Freelander 2 and Big Ben, the 410
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:24 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

All there is in that picture is a battery and an inverter. According to the OP there is an external EHU point, so somewhere, normally on the inside of where the mains cable plugs in, there should be more electrical gubbins, like a transformer, a charger, a BIP box etc. If a solar panel is fitted there should also be a controller to ensure the battery doesn't get overcharged. So there should be more than what appears in the photo.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:40 am
by DafyddPort (deleted)

THIS IS THE WAECIMG_2904.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)O UNIT AND YOU CAN SEE THE SWITCH HAS BEEN REMOVED OR DAMAGED AND RE-CONNECTED

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:49 am
by DafyddPort (deleted)

IMG_2901.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:56 am
by DafyddPort (deleted)

IMG_2903.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)THIS IS THE FUSE BOX AND YOU CAN SEE A STICKER DESCRIBING AS ERIBA 555GT

IMG_2903.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:09 am
by DafyddPort (deleted)

The battery has been charged with the cable running to the house supply. It has been on for over 2 days. The battery now is totally flat, will not light up any cabin bulb. The noise is still the same, same volume of noise. Disconnected the electricity supply. We are now in a panic state and have no idea what to do next. The help given by all repliers is much appreciated and we need to get the Eriba going so that we can enjoy a September holiday
This morning, we have added three new photos
1. WAECO missing switch connected somehow by previous owner
2.We think this is the transformer situated in front of the fuse box
3 The fuse box. See sticker on base of unit 62067011 Troll 555 Exp bottom right hand corner is written the figures 11

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:34 am
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

Trace the wire that you are holding in your hand away from the Waeco to wherever it goes: probably somewhere on the outside of a cabinet or cupboard.

That is the isolator (switch) that you need to turn the Waeco off (which seems to have been installed so you can remotely turn the inverter on/off without having to dig under the cupboards to do so)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:37 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

You really do need specific advice based on how your van is wired and without being able to eyeball how the wires run and what's connected to what it's difficult to advise, especially as it looks as if it might have been bodged in the sense of having removed an on/off switch. An inverter can cane a battery and I'm not sure whether, if it can't be switched off, it continues to drain the battery 'til flat even if nothing is running on its 240V. Usually the only things that use 240V in a caravan are the fridge (if not on gas), any mains electric boiler and any of the mains sockets (3 pin in the UK). If any of those items are switched on they might be being powered, or trying to be powered from the inverter, rather than direct from the 240V hook up. If that's the case then the battery may not have the capacity to cope.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:53 am
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

The inverter is capable of switching itself off if

1) battery voltage is too low
2) operating temperature is too high
3) 240V ac load is too high

so for now I would just concentrate on finding out the ability to turn the inverter on and off and rely on the device to look after itself

If, when this is sorted, its found that the battery is flat as indeed I expect it to be there will be another set of investigations / procedures needed to recharge the battery

Then, if that is sorted, it will be a case of seeing if the inverter works normally by turning it on again and then investigating what is powered off it.

I wouldnt have thought anything already fitted in the van would cause the inverter to switch off due to overload since there wouldn't have been much point in fitting the inverter in the first place

Last edited Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:53 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:58 am
by DafyddPort (deleted)

Have you seen the 3 more photos we have taken this morning? The first photo was of the Inverter with the missing switch. The second photo is the transformer (we think) in front of the fuse box. The third and fourth photos are the fuse box. On the fuse box a label can be seen with the following text which is handwritten, 62067011 then Troll 555 then EXP then bottom right hand corner the figures 11.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:02 am
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

Yes I did but they dont help: have you traced the wire back that I suggested to you?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:03 am
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

Quote: DafyddPort wrote in post #21

Can you send a picture off the front of this where the wires go in?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:22 am
by JohnE (deleted)

Dafydd,

Your 'fuse box' contains the battery charger. It has a red LED on the front to show when it's connected to the mains.

The 'transformer' in front of it is the Schaudt Booster which charges the leisure battery when towing.

I fear that you're technically way out of your depth here, Dafydd - any helpful technical assistance from here will require you to trace cables and wires, check fuses, disconnect things and take measurements with a multimeter.

As you bought the caravan from a dealer only a few weeks ago perhaps the best solution is to return it and let them sort it out.

And if they're not specifically Eriba dealers I doubt they know much about the electrical side at all - but that's their problem and if they can't fix it properly then maybe you look elsewhere for a caravan.

I suspect that the reason they installed the new Banner battery is because the original one was flat due to the charging problem.

If you were in the UK I would be suggesting you brought your van to me for repair.

Last edited Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:49 am | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1