RE: Isabella shadow canopy adjustment.

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:37 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 264 Posts

I’ve got to say, I hope it works out with the tarp because they were so cheap! £18 each, so it’s worth a play.

We were inspired by a similar setup on a veedub a couple of weeks ago at Kirkby Stephen; they were using some Grey nylon tarps with d rings at the corners, which made them lightweight but gave shade too. They weren’t absolutely water-tight, but we’re good enough to be able to cook behind, and gave them a bit of privacy with the big sliding door.

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:39 pm

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #15
[[File:Pictures .zip]]
Not sure if these will show as I'm on a tablet and getting confused.
We recently bought this secondhand Wigo off the forum. Imagine a 2.5m deep Isabella Shadow with an end. You can have the end to the right or the left. I made up the bracing roof pole arrangement. When, not if, it rains I'll try and pull the front i to a run off V.

Colin

I’m on my I-thing as well Colin, and downloading a .zip file is useless.🤣

We’ll look forward to your pictures when you can post them. 👍

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:41 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

Will do. I'm back in a month.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:44 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.156 Posts

hi Colin

I tried to open them on my desk top but they wouldn't open. They sent me to a new page with the Pictures motif on but when I pressed for them to open a not available message of some sort came up

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:22 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.731 Posts

These are Colin's photographs.

IMG_4324.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_4325.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_4326.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:46 pm

Thank you.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:22 am

Thanks P-L-P for the photos. - great admin teamwork!

Nice canopy Colin, did you slit the awning bead to make it so it drops out of the channel?

I think we might go for the 5m version next time.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:20 am

Steve, the awning cord has a factory snip about 1.8m in from each end, so you can have either end as an end panel. The eyelets in the front edge line up with these snips. One of these snips had spread a little along the awning cord and although I doubt it would spread I reinforced the split by stitching and a repair tape.
If you know of a good awning repairer or sail maker then buying in a 2nd hand shadow and having eyelets with reinforcement patches along the front edge and ends would be worth looking into.

What is not clear is I have a rafter at the top of the drop down end. This is my caravanstore rafter located point end into a wooden pad above the window and other end into a length of tube dropped over the end leg. I could use this set-up as a central ridge if I want but this seems the most effective and shoul allow me to drop the centre into a V ehen it stats to rain.

Colin

Inspecta_Gadget likes this post!
Last edited Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:24 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 90 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0