Eriba Triton roof square air vent

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:29 pm
by rob.lilley (deleted)

Hi,

The little square air vent on my triton (2005 Triton GT) looks very discoloured and tatty, can they be easily replaced ? Any idea how they come off and if a replacement can be sourced?

Also, when you look up from the inside, the plastic internal vent could do with a good clean, can that be removed easily ?

Any advice much appreciated :)

Thanks

Rob

Scroll up

RE: Eriba Triton roof square air vent

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:15 pm
by JohnE (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

The top vent cover is held on by plastic tags so in theory it can be unclipped, but in practice the tags will have become brittle over time so they will more than likely break off.

The lower part with the flyscreen, as seen from inside, can be pulled down with a modicum of effort and grunt.

Probably best to replace it to save all the faff and frustration.

This one looks similar but check dimensions:

Werbung: Hymer vent

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:17 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:12 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

Our 2017 has the same fitting, but we have a hardboard roof liner and not the fabric you have.
The inner is a friction fit and I pulled ours out to access the dirty mesh. As John says the outside is on lugs and they will break off.
I'd advise taking the inside out to access and clean the mesh but leave the outer part in place. Wipe on a 1 part bleach to 4 parts water mix and leave. You could soak a rag in this and leave it over the top. Rinse and repeat after 24 hours. You can also help it along with Jif/Cif cream cleaner, but it needs the bleach in it.
This method also works well on the caravan grab handles and it is surprising how well it will ring them up.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Simboc2004 and cruickie like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:25 pm
by Simboc2004 | 713 Posts

Where is this air vent? I don't remember seeing one on my Triton?

Athena, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:29 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

Above the rear dining area.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:06 pm
by rob.lilley (deleted)

Thanks All

Managed to get the internal vent off and gave it a good clean, also bleached the external plastic lid which has also worked a treat!

cheers

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 50 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106593 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3