RE: Rear window replacement

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:56 pm
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Yes but it was also a different colour, at least I thought it was, or perhaps I was wrong. Perhaps Brian can comment ?

This is a prime example on another van. David Bowie eyes.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:06 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:41 pm
by Simboc2004 | 713 Posts

"I'm not sure" is the answer... All I know is that the replacement window is definitely grey. And Caravan Crazy are definitely Polyplastic's only UK dealer... However they may well supply other window makes too?

I'm lucky that it's the only window on that side/face of the van. I couldn't have coped with two different tints of front window...

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:59 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:27 pm
by Skoderiba | 209 Posts

I also had a rear window for my 2007 Troll from Caravan Crazy. I had enquired from (much missed) Jean at Jandi and various other places, without any success before finding C..C..
When I contacted Jean to notify her that I had found the part required, she asked for the part No. in the top right of the window. She called me back a few minutes later to say that the Part No. was the same as the current model Troll standing in the yard.

Fortibus es in Ero
Randa france and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:13 am

That's interesting. I had assumed that, when they increased the height of Trolls and Tritons in 2010 (and squared off the shape) that the windows got bigger... sounds like they didn't!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 30, 2023 5:20 pm

Right, so today I finally got round to changing over the rear window. The new one is not trapezoidal (like the original), so looks like the more modern vans - which I prefer, actually - however it is most definitely grey tinted.

Luckily, as it's on the rear it doesn't really matter - and certainly looks better than the crack down the middle of the old one...

The new window is made by Polyplastic and states the material to be V-X/B Roxie PMMA. So a similar material to the original. We'll see if it fades...

I'll now post a series of photos of the swap over, as it's different to the ones posted by Aaron Calder when he swapped a front window on, I think, a slightly older van?

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMG_7450.JPG 
 IMG_7454.JPG 
 IMG_7455.JPG 
 IMG_7459.JPG 

Last edited Tue May 30, 2023 5:22 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 96 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0