Aquaroll

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:29 pm
by SeptimusFry | 2 Posts

Hi, I have recd an Aquaroll for Xmas present, but I’m not sure how much use it can be. (AQR to save typing)

Certainly, as a 40L container, rolling it to and from the site tap may be less work than my present two 20L containers, but lifting it to the filling point is more than I fancy. I’m old.
There seems to be many threads relating to using an electric pump, same as the original in the 30L onboard tank, but most of these threads seem to be confused people.
Is it worth the effort? My guess is that using it simply as a container, with a pump to fill, is about as much as is needed. How or where does one connect the AQR pump? I don’t see the necessity to draw the water from the AQR by some auto system in parallel with the internal, just refilling internal when (manually) required.

Scroll up

RE: Aquaroll

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:48 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 264 Posts

Hi,
We’ve got an internal 30l and aqr(!🙂)
The pump fills the internal tank from the 40l. manually, by plugging in when it needs a refill.

Being a techie geek and an automation engineer, I took this a step further by installing a float switch so that it keeps the internal tank topped up automatically. The next step is to make the controller so it switches the external pump off if it runs more than 30 seconds after the tank pump stops, to stop it running dry.

I suppose it all depends on how far away the tap is.🙂

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling a Troll 530.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:46 pm
by Simboc2004 | 713 Posts

My Triton was adapted (before I owned it) to draw all its water from an external tank. I use an Aquaroll for this and it is brilliant. I have an insulated, silvered cover to keep it from getting too warm (worked well last summer at 40C!!). It lasts us a weekend easily. I would never go back to two onboard tanks like our second Triton (430) had. The first had one (a 420) and that was OK, but so small you kept refilling...

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Inspecta_Gadget likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:58 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 264 Posts

I could quite easily be persuaded to take out the internal tank and fit a pump connection.
However, Mrs gadget is not in favour so it’s not likely!😂

Hyundai i30 Estate pulling a Troll 530.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:21 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.086 Posts

Having the aquaroll heat up in the sun would be a great advantage for us as we only use tap water in the kettle for brews. That would save gas!

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Simboc2004 and Inspecta_Gadget like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 100 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2