by hob (deleted)

Its going to be a very bad day weather wise

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

RE: Stay safe everyone

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:05 pm
by hampshireman (deleted)

True and it is already. I have had to put the wife and her friends from going to a nice nursery with tea room and go to Tesco's equivalent, just because of the doubt in getting to the first choice.

A painting wot i done
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:49 pm
by MCINND (deleted)

woke up to about 2" of snow this morning but Kim tells me that even though its continued all day its melting away.
Just as with everywhere else in the UK its continued to rain all day here at Port of Grangemouth.
David

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:54 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

After a downpour most of the morning, it brightened up here about an hour ago and I looked out of the window 15 mins ago and it was a clear blue sky, with not a cloud in sight. Now it's starting to cloud over again though.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:02 pm
by crow (deleted)

Wind took the felt off my shed roof, so we struggled and got a plastic tarp over it,
The naughty old wind broke some guys and flipped over the concrete blocks of
others, then treated me to hail driven by high winds while I managed a couple of
Klingon clips around my neighbours fence posts to hold some of the tarp over
the roof.
Gosh Darned weather!!

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:24 pm
by Unhitched (deleted)

Just had phone call from Hitched and she is stuck on a road with a fallen tree...thank god she left work late as she went back to get her glasses....I'll.never moan again that she can't find them....all 6 pairs!

.....oh do you think she meant that I was supposed to go with a chainsaw and rescue her? * goes to fridge for a beer*....*think*.... Can be on PC. For as long as I want without being told I am being unsociable!

Lee, ' Hitched' to Sarah....and in search of an Eriba 540 to also be hitched to...

Last edited Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:26 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:28 pm
by ellen (deleted)

I'm worried to death as Mark starts his night shift at 6 and in all the years of him driving hgvs never has a company grounded the wagons. It's going to be a long night for him and a long worrying one for me.

Proud owners of Doo-Dah our Familia 310
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:59 pm

The BBC forecast says that the wind is easing from 6pm onwards so the worst should be over soon afterwards Ellen. If he's heading over the M6 it's currently closed over the Thelwall viaduct and the M62 is closed too. Keep safe all.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:00 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

which way is he heading?
fingers crossed
its a bit gusty wind over this side coming from the south

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:02 pm
by hob (deleted)

In this unprecedented period of seriously bad weather my thoughts are with those who are flooded and or without electricity heating, working toilet facilities and so on
Also all those people from government agencies, the army and all those individuals who selflessly are giving up their time to help their neighbours and nearby people who are less able to help themselves.

Hard times for large parts of the UK and no let up in sight.................

I feel privileged to live in a part of the UK that is largely unaffected by it all

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:33 pm
by Unhitched (deleted)

Keeping things in perspective....be thankful for what we have ...not moan about about what we don't have

Lee, ' Hitched' to Sarah....and in search of an Eriba 540 to also be hitched to...
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:49 pm
by ellen (deleted)

Mark doesnt usually know until he clocks in whereabouts he is heading, he will ring me soon to let me know. It's horrendous here in Bury, we live with a large open field at the side of the house and it's pretty terrifying but not as scary as it will be for all driver out tonight.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:51 pm
by hob (deleted)

Chin up Ellen, the forecast is for the worst to be over by 09.00 pm

Neville

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:03 pm
by ellen (deleted)

Just had a call and Marks heading for Leeds but the motorway is closed so he's having to go the back roads. It's a sad reflection on companies when they willingly put their drivers at risk when even the railways have stopped the trains from running. Thankfully all the drivers are helping each other out and alerting their colleagues of blocked and closed roads. Marks advice is please only got out if you really have to as apart from everything else there is lots of debris flying around. I heard on the news Andy that part of the Crewe station roof has gone along with some of the roof at the chill factor near the Trafford Centre.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:20 pm

Yes, the roof caught the overhead cables and started a fire. Mind there's so much stuff on the lines in all directions from Crewe that nothing can run anyway.

I took a call from one of Mrs SDA's pupils who had a 7.30 appointment here and he was at Liverpool, trying to get back to Crewe. He was heading to Manchester in the hope of a train from there but I think he'll be lucky.

Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 40 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106601 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5