Caravan Club. Nose in or nose out!

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:26 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Well it had to happen sometime I suppose.
At Sandringham CC site on arrival we were instructed to pitch as in the diagram provided whereupon I asked if we could pitch nose in.
'Not allowed' we were told as this is The Sandringham Estate! The clear inference was that 'the estate' made the regulation not the the club. I was too gobsmacked to pursue the discussion and as we did not intend to put the awning up we found a pitch and set up.
Today, on returning from a day out, we have been asked to reposition our van as it is not as instructed.
Apparently the fire regulation gap is not big enough!
image.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

It was all very polite but seems so controlling and unnecessary!

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 image.jpg 

Some Eribas.

Last edited Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:29 pm | Scroll up

RE: Caravan Club. Nose in or nose out!

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:31 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Forgive me Tony but I can't tell any difference and two of the pics have identical IDs.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:01 pm
by hob (deleted)

Well that sums up fairly well why I saved my money and didn't bother to renew my membership.

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:10 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Sorry about that but I was a bit het up!
The first pic shows that the van should be in the centre of the pitch not to one side. The second picture is to illustrate the space between us and the next pitch!
It's all rather unimportant in the great scheme of things, I know, but the nose not in thing gets up my hitch, or vice versa!
TonyP

Out of my mind. Back soon!

Last edited Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:10 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:24 pm

Ah I see, but where's the pitch peg or did you reverse over it in anger?

I s'pose they were concerned that the nearside rear corner was relatively close to um, um the big open space on the next door pitch. Ah yes, that's where their car is supposed to go.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:43 pm
by crow (deleted)

We pitched as requested but the opposite way around, porch, caravan, car.
Pitch 115 they ground their teeth but said nothing as I had the royal crow standard flying.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:25 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

sending a virtual drink.
must include a 6 metre tape measure and wooden pegs in tool box. to measure up before un hitching

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:45 pm
by Tigerlily (deleted)

We don't usually spend more than a weekend on CC sites, so don't bother with an awning.
We are normally told how we are supposed to pitch, but we don't tend to take a lot of notice and pitch how best suit's the situation.
It's an ill thought out rule which seems to be applied arbitrarily.

Troll 530
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:37 pm

Looks a bit bleak there Tony/

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:44 pm
by hob (deleted)

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #9
Looks a bit bleak there Tony/

Good enough for the queen matey

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:23 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.797 Posts

Some of the CC wardens are right pillocks.

With all that space available, it would have made far more sense to pitch across it, parallel with the road.

I have never been told how to park on a French site and whenever I've asked where they want me to park (just to be polite), I've been told "n'importe où" (anywhere you like) and "comme vous voulez" (however you want) when I've asked how they want me to pitch. On many occasions the proprietors also advised on the best orientation to make the most of the sun.

Why do British people seem to derive so much enjoyment from enforcing petty rules to the letter?

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:43 pm

They're enforcing Fire Regulations and I guess if there are fatalities due to non-compliance the CC would get roasted.

Somehow the French just don't seem to have the same concerns.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:48 pm

Good enough for the queen matey

Don't think she's there now, she's at Buck House helping Dave suck up to Frau Merkel.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:44 am
by Pop540 (deleted)

the only way to enforce fire regulations is to actually make the hard standing edges the correct distance apart from each emplacement or hard standing pitch, whether you camp at one side or the other it should not matter. nose in or out ect. would not be an issue in this perfect world scenario...

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:38 am

I agree that would be the perfect implementation of the regs. but the costs of digging up and rebuilding all the CC hard standings would be enormous. They'd also lose a percentage of pitches and the income they generate, plus the sites would look even more like a sterile car park than they do now.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 64 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0