RE: New member with a troll and a lot of questions!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:06 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.797 Posts

Quote: Pepé Le Pew wrote in post #10
Doesn't make sense, but maybe it's just me.

It usually is.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:44 pm
by crow (deleted)

Perhaps it is not Troll but one of the Tritons, it would not be the first time that an Eriba has been
sold with the wrong description due to ignorance (as in lack of knowledge)
A few photos would not go amiss

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:47 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.731 Posts

Quote: crow wrote in post #17
A few photos would not go amiss
Of anything in particular?

I've got one or two of the next-door neighbour's wife sunbathing al fresco from when the camera went off accidentally.

Last edited Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:52 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:19 pm
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Zitat
Aaron Calder :- know they are hardly the height of luxury when compared with the facilities in modern vans but most of us seem to find an inside toilet very handy, especially on cold or wet evenings when the prospect of a walk to the sanitary block can be a bit daunting.

I suppose it'a all a matter of taste. There is a Troll 510 like this one which are quite rare and sought after by some. Especially good for a family with a couple of kids I imagine so perhaps it was removed for that purpose..

Also I know of one of our members who removed his washroom because it was so little used.

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:16 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:21 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.731 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #22
Also I know of one of our members who removed his washroom because it was so little used.
Eww. What a grubby herbert.

Last edited Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:22 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:23 pm
by Mags (deleted)

WOW!! I'm so glad I have joined this forum. Thank you so much to everyone for all your help and advice. It has been in valuable.
It would seem our troll can now be dated as 1989.
I have contacted Jandi and supplied them with the numbers and they are being a great help.
In relation to the wash room, when we bought the caravan there was a second sink and a Thetford toilet stored underneath. Unfortunately, the sink appeared to have been used by the previous owner as the toilet, it was extremely smelly and had to removed!! We have left space for the toilet to be stored and have created a new shelf where the sink was. It can easily be converted back as the hole for the sink is still there. I imagine it might be quite hard to source a sink though?
Having only recently up graded to a caravan from a tent I have to admit to being a fair weather camper, thus far. But one of the reasons we purchased the caravan was so we could get away more and also in colder weather. To date my only nocturnal toilet trips have been a short walk across a campsite in the South of France!
Again I would like to say a huge thank you to you all. What a great forum, what fantastic advice and what friendly eriba folk.
Mags x

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:31 pm
by Mags (deleted)

Not only am I a novice eriba owner, I am also a bit useless when it comes to laptops downloading and uploading photos. I will endeavour to put some photographs on here when I have worked it all out as we are very proud of our new purchase, love it to bits and would like to think we are making improvements to a caravan that needed a little bit of love.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:37 pm
by hob (deleted)

Some hints about images here

click here

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:48 pm

We really look forward to seeing some photos Mags. If you get stuck send a PM to any of the people who've answered your questions above and they (we) will help you out.
Posting in the gallery is quite easy though. If you click on the Troll Gallery, ignore the title "Create New Album Here" and scroll down to the orange dot with the white arrow in it entitled "Upload New Pictures".
Click the dot and you will then be asked to "Choose Files". Click on the first box and you can then go to the picture files on your computer and select which picture or pictures you wish to upload.
Finally click "Upload Pictures" and Bob's your Uncle.
If it does go wrong you can always delete and try again.
Randa

Last edited Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:17 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:54 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I'm wondering if Mags Troll is one of the rare ones with the 'folding washroom'. I've never actually seen one but from memory I've been told that it has a loo with a basin on a folding worktop that can be clipped out of the way.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:35 pm
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Morphy

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:20 am
by Pop540 (deleted)

While looking at something else, found these windows
don't know if they would fit an eriba, but the link may help someone in the future, if the eriba dealers could not help.

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:00 pm
by Mags (deleted)

As much as I would love to think I owned something rare, our troll does not have a fold away washroom although what a fantastic idea! As my partner is a carpenter and builder I see no reason why he can't start work on that option immediately! My window dilemma is also sorting itself out I think. Jandi may have a window that might fit our Troll. They have the dimensions and are e mailing the picture tomorrow. Has anyone heard of or used Eecco? They can make a replica window for a fairly reasonable price (I think) of £347. They would take the old one away, make one to match, send it back and we would fit it.
Our van is nearly ready for its photo shoot, I have been practising posting photographs so watch this space!!

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:16 pm

Hi Mags. Don't know about the others but it's a new one on us.
THIS must be the company you are referring to however.

let us know how you get on.

R and A

Last edited Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:18 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:39 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.473 Posts

We used Eeco when we still had our garage business. They made a replacement window for a customers motorhome. They did a good job at the price quoted and in the time frame quoted. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
Julie.

Puck L 225 GT pushing Fiat Multipla 1.9 Jtd
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 71 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1