RE: The dreaded mould - aaaarrrgggh!

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:35 pm
by Eribanut | 2.026 Posts

Quote: Taffy wrote in post #28
Gave the Eriba a wash and polish today and opened the windows to get air through and pulled down the flyscreen on windows and there are scatter mould narks on them. As I use the Eriba in the winter and noticed the condensation it has all stemmed from there. Any tips for removal as it is only on the mesh.

Had the same problem with my fly screens. It could be that it not mould but decomposing midges hence the screens. I removed the cushions under the affected screens and used a brush dipped in warm water and Milton and scrubbed both sides of the screen left it for about 30 mins and then rinsed with a sponge dipped in warm water. Now nice and clean

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem

Last edited Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:35 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:11 pm
by Taffy (deleted)

Thanks for the helpful replies. Will tackle this in my next free time and will report back on the subject. It isn't midges as the mould is on the lower part of the screen where the roll is at the outset so it is due to condensation.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:00 pm
by rambling robin (deleted)

Lakeland - Blitz

Not going into detail as it's just too long and boring - but Blitz works where nothing else does.

Just be careful not to get it onto areas you do not want treated!!!!!!!!!!

Just wondering whether it might be worthwhile giving the mesh and canvas a blast of air before closing down. My wet/dry cleaner can suck and blow and the blow is pretty warm and whooshy. Might help disperse any lurking moisture and spores?????

Lonely Kia Sportage waiting for a push
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:55 pm
by Taffy (deleted)

Hi, well I have nice clean fly screens and the solution I used was warm water with bicarb and a dash of white wine vinegar. Just dabbed it on the screen and used j cloth one side and a sponge the other. then dipped the whole screen over and was surprised how dirty they were overall. Came u a treat.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:25 am
by hampshireman (deleted)

Dipped the whole screen over???

Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Pepe's Walk
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:59 pm
by Taffy (deleted)

predictive text !!!! dabbed the screen and wiped it all over.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:34 pm
by Doesie (deleted)

Ah. so i have just viewed a Triton with a bit of mould and slight damp....thanks for this thread, very helpful, seems a common problem rather than a disaster

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:36 am
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

You need to be careful though Doesie. Buy yourself a damp meter before purchasing.

If the van has been standing unused and uncared for for a while then a good dose of fresh air might get ride of the problem. Does it smell damp or musty? A "good" Eriba smells like..........an Eriba. Can't explaint it but I'm sure other owners will agree.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 67 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0