Vanderhorn

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:44 pm
by hob (deleted)

I was looking at the awning that came with the van today and trying to get some idea of how it goes together (the van came with a multitude of paperwork in a multitude of languages but not a thing about the awning)

The Puck had a soplair awning and the middle pole fitted in a second gap in the awning rail which the Triton does not have although the pole looks similar

this being the triton one
P1300710.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1300712.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

The awning looks like this and is open at the front

P1300586.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1300587.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

I am guessing that the end of the pole goes in the awning rail after the awning is threaded in............I can see nowhere else for it to fit

Presumably the previous owners must have used it somehow? .............unless it was not originally with the van and the dealer in Holland bunged it in as an extra to help sell the van.

Any ideas

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

RE: Vanderhorn

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:03 pm
by Randa france | 12.960 Posts

Apparently, that nice man Mr Frantone and his even nicer wife Mrs Frantone once had a Vanderhorn awning Nev so hopefully they'll be able to advise you

g8p19-Van-derHorn-Sneek.html

R and A

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:45 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:30 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Righto Nev,
What you seem to have is the Van derHorn sun canopy which is basically an open fronted awning. You can see one in the gallery attached to my earlier Troll at Sandringham C&CC site.
Unfortunately it looks to me as if the central upright post bit only has the flattened end. These awnings and canopies used to come with the choice of a spike (to engage in a standard awning bracket) or a spade end (to engage in the other style of awning bracket shaped like a slot). Some people have incorrectly used the flat end located into the awning gutter where it is not secure.
I have one of the slotted brackets for you to attach to your van if you would like it.

The whole Van der Horn range were excellent awnings with quality fitments and fabrics but sadly they ceased production. I believe that Walker now make copies of the standard Sneek for various sizes of Eriba.

TonyP

g8p219-Van-derHorn-sun-canopy.html

After looking more carefully at your pics I can see there is a spike on one end. So want fitments are there on the other poles?
Our sun canopy had front legs, sides to the van and rear rails that met in the middle raised by the centre piece.

Eriba Triton 430GT. Elddis Autoquest 420GT. Eriba Troll 540GT. Hymer S520. Eriba Triton 420GT. VW T5 Bilbos Nexa. Eriba Troll 540GT.

Last edited Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:40 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:58 pm
by hob (deleted)

Hi Tony,

So there is a bit missing........................does it need drilling and screwing to the van rail like the end loops are

one wonders how the previous owners used it ................unless it does not belong to the van

I was considering buying the NR full awning and the ultralight sun canopy from AL

http://www.automotiveleisure.co.uk/Awnings.html

But it seems such a waste not to use the free one and the cost of the 2 new ones is nearly a grand

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:05 pm
by hob (deleted)

Quote: Frantone wrote in post #3
Righto Nev,

TonyP

g8p219-Van-derHorn-sun-canopy.html

After looking more carefully at your pics I can see there is a spike on one end. So want fitments are there on the other poles?
Our sun canopy had front legs, sides to the van and rear rails that met in the middle raised by the centre piece.

there is a 3 way hinged bit in the middle at the back with flat ends with holes...............the poles that go from back to front have hooks that go through the holes then hook into loops at the ends of the awning rail. and the bit shown goes into a central stub to hold the middle up

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:20 pm
by hob (deleted)

VanderHorn2001.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Found these on the web ............mine is the same only without the extra bit at the front

VanderHorn1001.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:13 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

If you enlarge the 4th small image here http://www.walker-awnings.co.uk/product/...s/#!prettyPhoto you can see the the rail attachment for the Walker awning.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
мы прибываем невидимые - we arrive invisible

My You Tube Channel

Last edited Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:45 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:27 pm
by hob (deleted)

I can see the bit you mean but can't quite see how it attaches to the van?

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:52 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

The bottom piece has a slot in it. The awning slides into the rail and then this piece traps part of the awning (a small flap) on the part of the rail that protrudes. After you've clicked on the image to enlarge it you'll notice a point located top right of the image. Click on this and the image will fill the entire screen at which point it will be easier to see.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
мы прибываем невидимые - we arrive invisible

My You Tube Channel

Last edited Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:46 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:23 am
by crow (deleted)

I have a few photos somewhere I will see if they apply to your awning.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:49 pm
by cruickie | 97 Posts

DSCN0024.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)This is a picture taken back in 2006, of our VanderHorn sunshade. We bought it second hand and only used it that year.
Anyway, I hope that the picture will be of some help to you in putting it all together.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:01 pm
by hob (deleted)

Many thanks it does look like I am missing a bit where the centre pole attaches to the awning rail.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:14 pm
by Eribafolk Admin. (deleted)

Quote: cruickie wrote in post #11
[]This is a picture taken back in 2006, of our VanderHorn sunshade.

That's a really useful photograph cruickie. We hope you don't mind but we've copied it to the Awning Gallery as well, for future reference.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:19 pm
by cruickie | 97 Posts

I think that you're missing three bits in total.
The three bits are two eyelets, one either end of your awning rail.
These are for the poles with the hooks attached to fit into
and the centre holder for the short upright support pole also fitted to the awning rail.

I might add that the open awning is really well made and completely waterproof with no water pooling on the roof.
In all a very good bit of kit.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:21 pm
by cruickie | 97 Posts

Perfect, I'll have more pictures of other awnings and set ups for you in the very near future.

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12577 topics and 106082 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4