RE:Dash Camera

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:16 pm
by crow (deleted)
Scroll up

RE:Dash Camera

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:24 pm
by logburner (deleted)

Ooops !! Thanks Rod..........Silly me, I knew I'd read about it somewhere....... ...something started me off, I didn't realise it was this forum that was responsible. Ian.

Scroll up

RE: RE:Dash Camera

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:56 am
by crow (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

This one seems interesting Werbung: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-7-Dual-HD-Ca...=item35d6b976f5

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:04 am
by Frantone (deleted)

The Eprance mini 0803 suffered from overheating problems especially in warmer climates. It has been superseded by the 0805 with a larger heat sink and a stronger mount. There is now an 0806 but Techmoan had to return his test model. I think I will get the 0805 but without the GPS.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:32 am
by hob (deleted)

I can imagine heat being a problem, I had to buy a heavy rubber pad that sits on the dash for my satnav last summer so when not in use it lives in the passenger footwell where its cooler.

So maybe only attach to the screen when in use?

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

RE: Dash camera

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:29 pm
by Bryn | 993 Posts

Regarding the comment that it is illegal to have speed camera warnings in France, my TomTom has replaced French speed camera warning with 'danger areas' which happen to be where speed cameras are located and are not illegal.

Last edited Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:11 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:27 pm
by crow (deleted)

Another dash cam that is popular; transcend drivepro 200 from Amazon

Last edited Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:27 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:18 pm
by Psycho (deleted)

I use dash cams, and have done for quite a while, due to, too many idiots on the roads these days, AND, my father in law, had a rather nasty accident, and even though it was not his fault, his own insurance company tried to wriggle out of paying....! They even said to to him, that if he had camera footage, it would have been easier. Kick a man while he is down......

I started with the Mini 0801, we actually bought 4 of them. 1 each for me, wife, father and mother in law. Mine decided to stop working after about 8 months. The seller from a well known auction site had also stopped trading..The footage from such a small cheap camera, though is amazing. I researched the 0803 as a replacement, ( bought the 0801 through tech moans recommendations) but was not impressed, neither with the 0805 reviews.

So, also with tech moans reviews to hand, went with the Vicovation Marcus 3, and this camera is truly brilliant. Sooo easy to use, footage is amazing, only criticism, is, it is a little bit larger than the 0801. But I have it in my van windscreen so no bother.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:28 pm
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

Does anyone have any more thoughts on this? You can get one for less than £50 now.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:47 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I got a mirror dash cam, it frees up clutter on the window screen . They are as cheap as chips now, mine cost about £25 a couple of years ago.This one is £12.69, just make sure that you buy the correct/good quality SD card for it. If you have an intelligent rear view mirror it won't be compatible.

Werbung: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-4-HD-Car-Veh...wEAAOSwjk9ZQj92

The following contents have been linked to this post:

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:15 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Replaced my satnav last September as old one out of date and cost to update the maps was about the same as buying new with lifetime map updates.
Got the Garmin with built in dashcam. Bought a large mem card it works well even at night reasonable picture quality.
I was going up a b road the other day where cars were parked on the the opposite kerb for about 70-100metres with a couple of gaps. As I approached the vehicles a car coming the opposite way decided he had right of way and continued along the road on my side and was not prepared to pull in. I kept going and how he missed me I do not know. If we had collided it would have been recorded. Too many impatient and ignorant people on the road these days
Rant over

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:53 am
by hampshireman (deleted)

Dead right, young blokes and very often young girls have no idea of road etiquette these days.

Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:26 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Eribanut wrote in post #41
As I approached the vehicles a car coming the opposite way decided he had right of way and continued along the road on my side and was not prepared to pull in. I kept going and how he missed me I do not know. If we had collided it would have been recorded.
This is going to sound utterly hypocritical because in your situation I think I'd have kept going too - knowing that technically I'm in the right and all, but in hindsight I almost always think that I should have slowed down, pulled over and avoided the situation in the first place.

I almost always think that I should have backed down, but a combination of righteous indignation and a wisp of red mist almost always stop me doing it.

I admit that it's not the smartest way to carry on, especially when you bear in mind the ramifications of even a small and potentially avoidable collision no matter who's at fault.

We have dashcams on both our cars, and the one on Mrs Pete's car paid for itself the other week when some tool reversed into the back of it a few seconds after we parked. Although the camera was facing forwards, it clearly showed the jolt as we were hit and that we were stationary at the time. That in itself was a stroke of luck - thirty seconds later and the keys would have been out of the ignition and the camera off.

If it helps, both of the cameras are Transcend DrivePro 100s on suction mounts, and they've been faultless. Both are hardwired into ignition-switched feeds in the fuse box so as not to flatten the cars' batteries and because I can't abide having wires dangling all over the place.

Highly recommended.

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:01 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:25 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Pepé Le Pew wrote in post #43
Quote: Eribanut wrote in post #41
As I approached the vehicles a car coming the opposite way decided he had right of way and continued along the road on my side and was not prepared to pull in. I kept going and how he missed me I do not know. If we had collided it would have been recorded.
This is going to sound utterly hypocritical because in your situation I think I'd have kept going too - knowing that technically I'm in the right and all, but in hindsight I almost always think that I should have slowed down, pulled over and avoided the situation in the first place.

I almost always think that I should have backed down, but a combination of righteous indignation and a wisp of red mist almost always stop me doing it.

I admit that it's not the smartest way to carry on, especially when you bear in mind the ramifications of even a small and potentially avoidable collision no matter who's at fault.

We have dashcams on both our cars, and the one on Mrs Pete's car paid for itself the other week when some tool reversed into the back of it a few seconds after we parked. Although the camera was facing forwards, it clearly showed the jolt as we were hit and that we were stationary at the time. That in itself was a stroke of luck - thirty seconds later and the keys would have been out of the ignition and the camera off.

If it helps, both of the cameras are Transcend DrivePro 100s on suction mounts, and they've been faultless. Both are hardwired into ignition-switched feeds in the fuse box so as not to flatten the cars' batteries and because I can't abide having wires dangling all over the place.

Highly recommended.

Well to be honest I did slow a little as judged he would get by the parked cars and be able pull over to his side of road, just left it a bit tight for the ignorant sob. Perhaps make him think twice next time but doubt it !

Should not be long before they are standard on all new cars.

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem

Last edited Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:27 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:46 am
by Angie and Steve | 165 Posts

Quote: Pepé Le Pew wrote in post #43

This IS wisdom. Let's just concentrate on it for a minute.... Yep, we're talking about avoiding a collision here not playing the children's game of whose fault it is!!!!

Steve.

Without music, life would be a mistake.

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:49 am | Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 18 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105770 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3