RE: Dash camera

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:34 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #60
One question. Do other dash cam users look at the recorded footage on their computers regularly, sometimes or not at all?
I look at ours fron time to time, mainly to check that Mrs P is going where she says she is. Give that woman an inch and she'll take a yard, I tell you.

On a more serious note, there was one creepy thing on the camera recording from just before Christmas last year.

I was looking through the video clips, as you do; most of it was extremely boring stuff of the wife pretending to be Juan Manuel Fangio round the streets of Malvern and the occasional shot of her arse as she walks away from the car before the camera shuts down, but one particular section brought me up short.

At 16:19 on December the 18th the camera clearly shows our car being involved in a head-on collision with a white Transit van on a blind bend on the B4219, though the car itself hasn't been involved in anything like this.

Ever.

It's really quite unnerving. The impact was pretty severe - severe enough for the airbags to detonate - and you can see the powder floating round inside the car. The bonnet is folded up against the windscreen, and there's the glimpse of some blonde hair in the edge of the frame before the power supply fails and the image goes dark.

In the split-second before the impact there's a quite extraordinarily clear view into the oncoming van as our car's headlights illuminate its interior, and I can clearly hear a woman's voice on the camera's audio.

The thing is, though, that both the front seats in the van were empty, and not only did the voice not belong to my wife, she has never been blonde...

Last edited Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:58 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:03 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Typical Audi driving though

'Well the rain came, I thought you'd leave
'Cos I knew how much you loved the sun.
But you chose to stay, stay and keep me warm
Through the darkest nights I've ever known'.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:04 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: steamdrivenandy wrote in post #62
Typical Audi driving though
It's a Fiat, smartypants

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:10 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Topolino?

I ran a 1953 LHD 500C between 1967 and 1970.

It qualifies as a finalist in the 'ugliest car ever' competition.

'Well the rain came, I thought you'd leave
'Cos I knew how much you loved the sun.
But you chose to stay, stay and keep me warm
Through the darkest nights I've ever known'.

Last edited Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:11 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:43 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Pepé Le Pew wrote in post #61
Quote: Randa france wrote in post #60
One question. Do other dash cam users look at the recorded footage on their computers regularly, sometimes or not at all?
I look at ours fron time to time, mainly to check that Mrs P is going where she says she is. Give that woman an inch and she'll take a yard, I tell you.

On a more serious note, there was one creepy thing on the camera recording from just before Christmas last year.

I was looking through the video clips, as you do; most of it was extremely boring stuff of the wife pretending to be Juan Manuel Fangio round the streets of Malvern and the occasional shot of her arse as she walks away from the car before the camera shuts down, but one particular section brought me up short.

At 16:19 on December the 18th the camera clearly shows our car being involved in a head-on collision with a white Transit van on a blind bend on the B4219, though the car itself hasn't been involved in anything like this.

Ever.

It's really quite unnerving. The impact was pretty severe - severe enough for the airbags to detonate - and you can see the powder floating round inside the car. The bonnet is folded up against the windscreen, and there's the glimpse of some blonde hair in the edge of the frame before the power supply fails and the image goes dark.

In the split-second before the impact there's a quite extraordinarily clear view into the oncoming van as our car's headlights illuminate its interior, and I can clearly hear a woman's voice on the camera's audio.

The thing is, though, that both the front seats in the van were empty, and not only did the voice not belong to my wife, she has never been blonde...

Spooky ! Sounds like someone's spiked your Sloe Gin !!!

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem

Last edited Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:56 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:09 pm
by Rfjamieson1 (deleted)

That sounds suitable for the Hammer House of Horror. Might I ask if you could share the clip in the interests of sheer gobsmacking terror?

Ron & Angela

Triton 420 GT 2005, Pedro, with a Mercedes 220 estate
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 52 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12538 topics and 105762 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2