RE: What first attracted you to an Eriba?

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:20 pm
by hob (deleted)

Zitat
Neil has a secret hankering after the dimple finish

Talk him out of it Julie ............or get him to clean it

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:33 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.455 Posts

Don't panic Nev, it's just a hankering and there is no way I am parting with our PuckL, not unless she falls to pieces which is unlikely.

Puck L 225 GT pushing Honda CRV SE 1.6 i-DTEC
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:37 pm
by Randa france | 12.866 Posts

Quote: Julie Grafo wrote in post #32
Don't panic Nev, it's just a hankering and there is no way I am parting with our PuckL, not unless she falls to pieces which is unlikely.

What? Not even with all that partying and inside trampolining?

We always took Neil to be a dimples man.

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

likes this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:41 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.455 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #33
We always took Neil to be a dimples man.

I took you for too much of a gentleman to be spying on my dimples Roger

Puck L 225 GT pushing Honda CRV SE 1.6 i-DTEC

Randa france and like this post!
Last edited Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:44 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:08 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.741 Posts

Quote: hob wrote in post #29
In my research to make a solar water heater I learned black is best white is worst, gloss finish reflects some solar energy matt reflects less, so a gloss white finish is best at reflecting heat and matt black is worst............ all others fall somewhere between depending on their reflection or absorption capabilities.
There's a rumour going round that now the Randas have chosen Scotland for their September jaunt, they are taking your advice and are currently spraying the roof of their Troll matt black.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

likes this post!

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:02 am

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #35
There's a rumour going round that now the Randas have chosen Scotland for their September jaunt, they are taking your advice and are currently spraying the roof of their Troll matt black.

No, not at all. We've just decided to take our midge repellent winter awning. Winter-Awning.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:07 am
by Wordspace (deleted)

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #18
I think it looks odd in this shot recently posted in the picture gallery:
I agree. Very odd. What's also odd is the pole rising from the Eriba's roof with a lamp on the top. We used to have one of those on our fire engines, but we always (well, almost always) would wind it down before going anywhere.

Olivers Twists at http://martynoliver.wordpress.com/

Last edited Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:14 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:37 am

When the photo was taken he was driving as though he was attending a fire so it was a "now or never" shot.
Randa

Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:04 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:20 pm
by Wordspace (deleted)

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #38
When the photo was taken he was driving as though he was attending a fire so it was a "now or never" shot.
Randa
Ah, well that explains it!

Olivers Twists at http://martynoliver.wordpress.com/
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:44 pm
by matt and hazel (deleted)

We had been tent campers for any years, moved to a folding camper when more comfort was required but cold nights and damp canvas started to nag.

So we started looking at caravans, horrible polystyrene boxes. Tear drops or something a bit different. Then I stumbled across an advert for a small pop top caravan called an Eriba. Hazel took one look and decided to humour me, as she tends to.
It took about ten minutes to completely fall for them.

We're now on our second triton, brand new, white and dimpled and we love it.

Triton 410 "Eddie" Hyundai IX 20
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:32 pm
by marmite | 400 Posts

June 2004, Silver wedding anniversary, touring through France, Switzerland, Germany (a bit) and into Italy
Equipment: 3 man dome tent, 1 airbed, single burner stove, 1 frypan, 1 saucepan, 1 kettle, 2 sleeping bags, keenets fishing umbrella, 2 armless chairs and the usual cups plates bowls cutlery etc etc and 1 bag of clothes each all packed into the very small boot space of a E Type roadster. (believe me it was a work of genius to fit it all in)
So France was lovely also Germany, the Swiss seemed to have gone away for the summer and it was freezing in the valleys over the top to Italy mmmm lovely. Down to Florence, Pisa, Siena, Lucca argggh too hot lets go back to France.

On arrival at a campsite the name of which now eludes me we spot a very shiny silver Volvo tugging a very shiny Eriba Triton. Ooooh I like that I drooled to Phil can we have one please, please, please. I'm tired of packing a quart into a pint pot and having to get dressed whilst horizontal on a leaky airbed. I'm tired of damp clothes, brewing up with a gas burner on the ground having to get into the tiny tent when it's raining etc etc.

So a quick call to one of our many children to do a search for Eriba caravans in the UK and we detour on our way home to call in at the now defunct Lechlade spent three hours there decided a 418 was the one for us but didn't have quite enough cash to buy new. Searched for 2 years at home and abroad for a 418 - nothing, not one for sale anywhere so in August 2006 called in at Leclade on our way to Devon and put a deposit down on a new one.

Collected it in Jan 2007 and have been away in her almost every month since then any regrets? Only wish we had borrowed money to buy one in 2004!

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:59 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Might seem an odd thing to say but the I've never really been attracted to the Eriba at all in replying directly to the question put. I find them simply too small and in order to gain some space erecting an awning is a must. Our purchase was a case of going along with the wife's wishes as she has long fancied the ownership of one and as she grants me so many wishes in our out of caravanning life I went along with her. I have to admit feeling extremely jealous from time to time when we take an evening stroll around a campsite and see people sitting snuggly inside their non-Eriba type vans watching TV and with acres of space to move around.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
Aaron Calder likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:25 pm

Quote: Deeps wrote in post #42
Might seem an odd thing to say but the I've never really been attracted to the Eriba at all...........I find them simply too small....... I have to admit feeling extremely jealous from time to time when we............see people sitting snuggly inside their non-Eriba type vans watching TV and with acres of space to move around.

GET OUT!! and shut the door after you !!!! Mind your head though....

Randa

, , , marmite, and like this post!

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:38 pm
by Taffy (deleted)

and as for you Deeps just glad your better half has the final say

and like this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:39 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:05 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

I seem to be the odd one out here. (Know what you're thinking Roger!)

We didn't camp with our kids so didn't do the tent progression thing. We had always fancied a Motorhome and eventually managed a cheapo old banger which we loved but quickly realised that we also needed a car and couldn't afford to run both. It occurred to us that a caravan could be an answer but only if we could get it into our garden which meant searching for something no more than 2m wide. In the first searches Frances flatly refused to consider an Eriba and it took much persuasion to actually get in one. This we did at Bowers of Takely near Stansted Airport and were quickly impressed. It took a lot of measuring to convince ourselves that we could get it through the garden entrance and I resorted to making a life size outline from roofing battens to try the necessary manoeuvres! That was about 20 years ago and we are now on our 4th Eriba. It was a bit of a shock to discover that Hymer had widened them in the current generation which necessitated some rapid work with an angle grinder on the house brickwork and there are some scars on the rear windows but it does fit.
Our first.......
image.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.

marmite and like this post!

Visitors
6 Members and 31 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12518 topics and 105612 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6