RE: If you are looking to buy a new Eriba do you really need a hot water boiler?

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:21 pm
by Captain Calamity | 349 Posts

We are with the pro-hot water brigade. Didn’t use ours for the first few months but now would not be without it. We are year round campers and it is a boon not having to trudge to the sinks with washing up in winter.

thecolliss, Magpie and like this post!
Scroll up

RE: If you are looking to buy a new Eriba do you really need a hot water boiler?

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:53 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Wow it feels really strange reading something that I posted in my original forum membership in summer 2017.

I'm sorry Ben that I don't know the answer to your post but I'm sure someone will.

However I do need to say that we are no longer in the position that we took in 2017. My dear wife Kath has now persuaded me that I was wrong yet again and that having the joint gas/electric boiler and 30 litre on board water tank is actually essential.

We now have it on wherever we go on site, especially if it is cold outside. It might be that we are older and wiser but Kath likes to have the ready hot water to have a quick face wash and also to wash up after a brew. In fact we quite often wash up in the van after meals, particularly after using the Ramoska.

I think it is a bit anti-social not going to the washing up room and wittering on mindlessly to anyone who is prepared to listen but there we go. Also I am tight and only ever use the electric heater.

You live and you learn..................................MikeT

Williebraveheart likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:39 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Ben,
the hot water issue is as contentious as awnings, so you'll get widely differing views. We like hot water and would not be without it. A retro fit of a gas/electric set-up would cost a lot and I doubt it could be waranted. An electric only set-up would be about £600 with 30L onboard tank if done by yourself. I would also go for the 10L Propex instead of the 5L Truma. It has a larger capacity and has a variable heat output.
As above, the disadvantage is missing out on the social get-together at the sinks, but I can cope with that as I can stay dry when it rains and walk around with a drink and talk to others when it's dry.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
SOULBLUESMAN68 and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:28 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

What happened to Soulbluesman 1-67 ?

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:55 am
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Our Triton came fitted with the 10L gas/electric Truma. We generally don't bother with the hot water but it works pretty well if we do. The only issue with it is the silly position of the switches which are on the side of the bed base just where the back of your legs are so it is very easy to turn it on by mistake The electric part doesn't have an indicator light so not easy to see at a glance if it is on. We never turn on the gas tap so it just shows a red error light if the gas switch is on, but the electric will fire up. It does trip out eventually if there is no water but still gets hot which is a nuisance and does risk causing damage. I am considering a cover for the switches.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi

Last edited Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:57 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:42 am
by BenW (deleted)

Hi Colin

Could you let me know who fitted your Propex elec water heater and 30L tank?

Thanks

Ben

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:37 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Steve & Debbie he simply aged................................although 1968 was when I got my brilliant Lambretta TV175 scooter for £20

MikeT

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:56 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Ben,
I fitted the Propex and onboard tank myself to my then Familia 310 back in 2011. It took a couple of days and cost abot £500 sourcing what I needed from LeisureshopDirect and Catanks.
o_ tank etc-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)m_ water inlet-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)p_water heater location-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)r_ water heater spur-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

likes this post!
Last edited Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:57 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:11 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: Steve and Debbie wrote in post #19
What happened to Soulbluesman 1-67 ?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:14 pm
by nod (deleted)

Our 530 was 3 years old when we bought it and it had an electric water heater. Could we do without it? - probably - but it costs nothing to run on EHU and 10 minutes after the flick of a switch it saves boiling a kettle to wash up, have a wash or shave. The Eriba shower is too small but having hot water means I can avoid the sinks in the facility block and having to walk to the washing up facility to find it's busy or when it's pouring with rain.

Last edited Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:19 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:59 pm
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

We have a Truma electric heater and it uses the external aqua roll for its water. Requires EHU. We use it all the time. We took a punt on it when we bought a new Eriba a few years ago, along with the electric heating element for the gas radiator. We were unsure If we would use either. With a few years under our belts now, really glad we went for both mods. Especially in Autumn, winter and early spring.

~ N

~ 530 and proud
Magpie likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 44 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3