RE: Eriba newbie the essential list

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:42 pm
by Eribee (deleted)

Cannot believe no one has mentioned a corkscrew !!!!!! Essential item number one !! I did forget one once, lucky for me our French neighbours hadn't made the same mistake!

Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:40 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.464 Posts

In the extremely unfortunate event of forgetting the corkscrew buy screw top bottles or wine boxes
We found that we had too much stuff to begin with, you learn what you need.
Essentials: corkscrew (was that already mentioned )
Torch - for sites with no lighting
Batteries - for torch
Low wattage kettle and toaster
Matches
Remoska/mini oven/cookpot/slow cooker - whatever works for you
Toilet paper
Basic tool kit for running repairs

These are just my thoughts, everyone is different and as has been said it depends where you are camping.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+

Last edited Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:41 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:45 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

I agree with all of that, particularly wine boxes.If you are trying to count it's 180L plus 3 cases of fiiz.

P1010807 ballast-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Karisman likes this post!
Last edited Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:47 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:45 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

If you put all that in your van Colin all that would be left for your payload is a pair of underpants and a hat..

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Karisman likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:59 pm

Just enough for modesty and bald patch to be duly protected.
On a more serious note, one of the advantages of just the two of us in the Eriba is how we can use our car and van payload. The weight of an excessive years "booze" is about the same weight as two teenagers and baggage.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:29 pm
by Karisman | 28 Posts

Who needs the teenagers

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:01 pm
by Frenchyjak (deleted)

I would suggest a mattress topper...... the beds are so much more comfortable with one, especially if it’s made up of multiple cushions. Perhaps it is better with a fixed bed.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:13 pm
by fishcultureman (deleted)

I think you need an awning :) or at least a sun canopy for warmer climes and warmer times

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:03 pm
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

Other views are available. I have never bothered with an awning, all seems a bit of a faff to me. I do have an Omnistore canopy though, as you suggest, for warmer and sunnier climes. As I suggested right at the beginning, it all depends on the sort of camping you are planning to do...

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:37 am

Awnings the great debate and a "can of worms". as contentious onboard tanks or aquaroll, hot water or not.
As you say awnings can be a faff and we only use ours if staying put for a week or so, otherwise an Isabella sun canopy. If not carrying the awning we now also carry a Sunncamp Swift. Looks like an open ended tube, very light and gives better protection from rain than the canopy. Both of these are quick to put up and easy to store.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:47 am
by Derekcbr (deleted)

Don’t think anyone has mentioned gas! You might find a bottle is supplied but if not, get hold of two. I’ve also had a gauge fitted by my service engineer that shows the level of the gas. Obviously essential for cooking on the hob, but we’ve got duel heating and it’s therefore essential for heating too. Just a note though, it’s calor gas in this country which is nigh on impossible to get abroad that’s why I take two! Happy camping I’m sure you’re going to enjoy every minute. Final thought....go for a few w/end breaks to ‘try out’ and you’ll quickly find out what you personally need and what you don’t.

Eribanut likes this post!
Last edited Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:50 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:55 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Derekcbr wrote in post #26
Don’t think anyone has mentioned gas! You might find a bottle is supplied but if not, get hold of two. I’ve also had a gauge fitted by my service engineer that shows the level of the gas. Obviously essential for cooking on the hob, but we’ve got duel heating and it’s therefore essential for heating too. Just a note though, it’s calor gas in this country which is nigh on impossible to get abroad that’s why I take two! Happy camping I’m sure you’re going to enjoy every minute. Final thought....go for a few w/end breaks to ‘try out’ and you’ll quickly find out what you personally need and what you don’t.

Quite a few Eribanauts carry a 6K Propane Bottle and Campingaz 907 bottle when travelling abroad as Campingaz is available at most super duppers and garages.

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:36 pm

With a setup something like this:-
4 - gas locker-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
The bi tof ply on the right with a notch cut out is useful for dropping behind the towball on the car when hitching up. saves the caravans hitch making a nasty dent in your bumper.

Colin

Eribanut and like this post!
Last edited Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:38 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:27 pm
by Derekcbr (deleted)

I think you will need a special adaptor to use both calor gas and the campingas systems. I just take a 6kg bottle and a spare 4.5kg. Never run out of gas in our monthly trips across the Chanel.............Yet!!

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:38 pm
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

Yes, Calor Gas is a bayonet fit while Camping Gaz is a screw fit.
R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1