Eriba newbie the essential list

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:10 pm
by Bellbeard (deleted)

Hi all,

Complete newbie awaiting our new Eriba at the beginning of next year, never owned any type of caravan before what essentials do we need?
Obviously down with the general kitting out the kitchen, awning camping chairs etc but other caravan peeps we know are talking about water barrels/waste water holders and we are lost!! Any help you guys can give with a bit of eriba owners essentials list we would be very grateful!! We have two very young hyper boys and some mornings pants before trousers is a struggle so feel free to talk to me in the simplest language possible!!

Randa france, and PooleDweller like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Eriba newbie the essential list

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:36 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

I hope you can cope with the wait. For our current va it was 8 months.

The fresh water stuff first. If you have the water tanks underneath the sinks then get a cheap 10L watering can and fix a bit of hose to the end. If you have a 30L tank under one of the seats that is filled from the outside then still get the watering can but you will not need the bit of hose on the end.
For waste water we have always used a buiders bucket.
When our two boys holidayed with us they could eat for Britain. We used to use one of the small 1400 watt electric ovens often sold in Aldi and Lidl. This was invaluable but we replaced it with a Remoska, ideal for the two of us, when they decided not to join us. 1400 watt is OK on UK sites but a problem on many continental sites where the 470 watt Remoska comes into its own. I take it you have bought a low wattage kettle.
If you have space in the car then a second fridge [240v table top or 3-way camping], not a cool box, is a boom both for the extra capacity and the ability to keep things colder than the caravan fridge when temperatures climb into the 30's and higher.
We have carried a couple of the earlier versions of the small round Ikea Marius tables at £4 since day one. They also make excellent side tables and step ups for awning fitting etc. We stack two in the toilet area with the waste bucket.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Eribanut and WendyT like this post!
Last edited Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:22 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:18 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I would recommend vacuum packing a lot of food. One reason, you can get more in the fridge and two, it lasts longer.
We also use the remoska. Well worth the money.
We took way too much stuff at first. Have you been camping before?

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.

WendyT likes this post!
Last edited Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:19 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:48 am
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

The answers to some of these qustions relate to the type of camping you intend to do. For instance,if you are planning to spend the majority of your time drifiting through southern Europe, your need for an awning will be quite different from time spent in Scotland in April... Will your (imagined) campsites offer showers and washing up points or will you plan to do all that in the Eriba? Are you planning to cook much or eat out? So much of what you take is dictated by the sort of camping you do - at least, that's how I view it..

As Islay hints at, it is far too easy to take loads of stuff and then not use half of it. Even now, after several years of owning an Eriba (which, like you was my first caravan) I'm still paring down the list of stuff I take with me...

hth...

Randa france and WendyT like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:51 am
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

Hi Bellbeard and welcome to Eribafolk

As you've already had some advice and I bet there'll be more to come, I'd like to mention bedding. I think I'm correct in saying that not many people use sleeping bags any longer.

We don't but prefer to take sheets and duvets, also a spare blanket for each bed just in case.

Electric Hook Up Equipment:-

1) A 25 metre length of hook up cable like so:- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Orange-Caravan-...d/dp/B002VVSLUM
2) Also an additional 10 metre length either to join to the 25 metre or to use for shorter runs :- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Caravan-Electri...e/dp/B072HYWNX9
3) A UK and Euro adaptor just in case the campsite is using old connections:-https://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Conver...e/dp/B01M17L1HC
https://www.amazon.co.uk/European-Adapto...la-893918196917
4) Three of four domestic extension cables.
5) A decent awning light.

I've only used Amazon for the photos. If you shop around you'll probably get the above cheaper elsewhere.

Is your 530 brand new or second hand? If the latter then some of this equipement might come with it.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

WendyT likes this post!
Last edited Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:55 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:58 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

If your van doesn't come with a hot water boiler then a hot water dispenser will give you hot water for drinks and washing. The 3.5l version is best as it fits better if you have a front kitchen, it's also low amps.

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Instant-Hot-W...redirect=mobile

The following contents have been linked to this post:

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
WendyT likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:11 pm
by Bellbeard (deleted)

Thanks everyone for your replies, we have camped before so have some bits squirelled away which should prove useful, it's a new 530 60th edition so I'm not quite sure exactly what it comes with..

But these suggestions are very useful and helping me build up my list, thanks for taking time to post links as well its very handy. Also the remoska is an interesting idea I've not previously heard of, I like to eat quite a variety of food so this allows a few more options! I will check them all out!

As for showering I'm thinking of avoiding the eriba shower and hopefully finding decent facilities but have opted for the pull out shower head for the occasional child/dog hose down!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:51 pm
by IainG | 31 Posts

I take 2 flexi buckets, the handled things which have a multitude of uses. I have one for waste water under the van and cleaning the van (if needed), and another for use as a basin to carry dishes to a dishwashing area, as a basin in the sink, and for doing hand washing of laundry. I've also used one with the pull out shower head to wash my hair on sites with no facilities. They are invaluable.

Essentials? I would take a couple of mains extensions to give some extra sockets, a set of floor runners and mats to cover the vinyl floor, vet bed for lining the shower tray (absorbent and protects the tray), A good few hanging hooks (a sort of S shaped hook?), which I hang over the tops of the doors and along the roof trim to hang jackets and towels for drying. The washroom is a cracking drying room if your vans got blown air heating.

WendyT likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:35 pm
by molar (deleted)

Quote: IainG wrote in post #8
I take 2 flexi buckets, the handled things which have a multitude of uses. I have one for waste water under the van ...

As another newbie awaiting collection of our Triton I've seen a number of people saying they use a bucket for waste water. This might seem like a stupid question but where do you empty it? Would it not slosh out on your way to the waste water drain or do you just empty it on the grass near your van?

Last edited Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:35 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:41 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

There's not much point in collecting the water, just to pour it away. I use one of these. You need a short piece of hose

71bpmO5OqNL._SR500,500_.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:43 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:06 pm
by IainG | 31 Posts

Quote: molar wrote in post #9
Quote: IainG wrote in post #8
I take 2 flexi buckets, the handled things which have a multitude of uses. I have one for waste water under the van ...

As another newbie awaiting collection of our Triton I've seen a number of people saying they use a bucket for waste water. This might seem like a stupid question but where do you empty it? Would it not slosh out on your way to the waste water drain or do you just empty it on the grass near your van?

Depends on the site. If it's a more formal one, then take the bucket to the waste water point. On CL's or less formal sites, just throw it over the hedge as they say!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:51 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Some Spanish sites ask you to pour it on the hedges and gardens.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:08 am

I must admit that is what we generally do when on the continent, unless the water is particularly dirty.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:23 am
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

Tut tut Mr Motters. You only do it when on the continent (but not in the UK)? That's very incontinent of you.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
eribanaut, FINNWOODY and Eribanut like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:10 pm

It's one of those many strange differences between UK sites and abroad. Admittedly it's usually hotter away from the UK, but it does make sense to water the plants.

Colin

Randa france and Eribanut like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0