by atkinbrown | 62 Posts

Do not forget a roll of duct tape!!!

Eriba 530GT and Golf 2ltr Estate
eribaMotters likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Preparing for the end of lockdown

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 30, 2020 2:32 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Strange to see the thread is back on track.
I also carry Araldite Rapid for screwing things back that should not have come apart, that is hinge screws. A small can of ptfe spray is also good for the awning track and wndow stays, a handful of cable ties, a £1 doormat, some builders or black plastic bags for if things get wet, small bottle of meths to wipe inside of towhitch, a bit of emery tape to clean the towball, small bottle of disinfectant, wet wipes. And finally a trailer to put all this stuff in.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Eribanut and marmite like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:37 pm
by WendyT | 89 Posts

Well, from Monday (15 June) the campsites in NL will at last open their shower blocks. 🥳

We’ve decided to fork out a fortune and hire a car with a tow bar to have our first weekend away in the troll.
We have to hire, because the B+E exam has been blocked by lockdown.
Hubby has a date for the exam in July, finally, but I’ve been working 50+ hr weeks and really need a break, so we’re splashing out.

We shall be off on 26-29 June. Hertz are offering us a Jeep SUV thing, but can’t guarantee it, so we may be phoning around friends and family to borrow a car if they’ve loaned it out to someone else in the week before. Fingers crossed no one else wants a jeep that week!

We’re off to a small campsite we’ve been to before with the tent near Barneveld. It has a lovely forest walk next to the dog friendly pitches. Just 1.5 hrs drive so a nice easy first trip.

I’ll take photos!

Thanks for all the helpful advice folks.

And Colin, I hope you get your trip next year.
I know how you feel. We were planning our first trips to be Scotland and Norway, but by the time the borders open it will be too cold.
We’re assuming we might be able to head south in September and aim for south of France. Let’s see how it goes.

Last edited Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:39 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:50 pm

Looks like our trip to Devon is on. July 3'rd and 4th in the garden of friends with a B&B, then a CL outside Buckfastleigh for 4 nights to see our eldest.
Hopefully France in Sept is still on.
On a negative note you need to get full details of the Jeep. A local Triton owner can only just tow his 1000kg van due to the embarrasingly low towing limit. Hopefully all will be well for you.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
WendyT likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:53 pm
by WendyT | 89 Posts

Hubby checked. It has enough towing power and is light enough to not take us over the 3500kg
We’d prefer to use the XC60 but it’s too heavy 😳😕

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:21 pm

That sounds fine. What model Jeep is it?

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:59 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Sounds good site Wendy. Enjoy your van to the full the full and hopefully you will get some nice weather.

Just as you set off on your trip we should be returning from a 3 week tour of South Wales that obviously hasn't taken place .....at least the weather looked horrible there today which is some small consolation for us, but obviously not for the locals.
MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:41 am
by WendyT | 89 Posts

I know what you mean, Mike. I was supposed to be enjoying my first long weekend in Rome in March, and a week in Crete in May.
We deferred Rome to October but Crete was just cancelled. We’re still not sure about Rome.
A weekend away is fun, but not the same. Ahh well, it is how it is.

Colin, it’s a Jeep Compass. Hubby checked with hertz, and it has the capability of towing 1500kg. We shall confirm the day before, and cancel it if it isn’t powerful enough, or they have already rented it out to someone else.

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 46 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3