RE: So What Did You Get For Christmas?

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:30 am
by Crow (deleted)

Well that is typically very sensible of you.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:37 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.731 Posts

Quote: Crow wrote in post #16
Well that is typically very sensible of you.
Thanks, matey.

Coming from someone who writes his name in his slippers, that's high praise indeed.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:11 am
by Unhitched (deleted)

I have obviously been a very good boy as I am now a proud owner of a top of the range Kindle! The idea is to reduce the weight in the van when we go on our 3 week summer tour....and the excuse worked a treat! Then the predictable but very welcomed presents from my 2 off springs of a selection (6) rather expensive red wines, the latest Caravanning year book, a Meal for Two voucher at a local very posh Seafood restaurant and the best dog walking hat I have seen which will remain in situ against the North Wales winds and prevent my glasses needing windscreen wipers!
We have had a great family Christmas with the house full of 3 generations with accompanied laughter, too much food but never enough alcohol ! Due to the presence of 3 extra females I was let off most kitchen duties and this year was the ceremonial handing over of the turkey carving to my son and heir. In the name of equal rights it will be my daughters turn next year,then Hitched and then finally back to me in the 4 yearly cycle. For this generosity of spirit I am rewarded with the accolade of being a thoroughly modern Dad and Grandpa. All worth it!

I love the Hot Air Balloon idea and maybe I should have bought Hitched a pink dotty blanket...hmm...next year!
The recipient of the "usual boring jumper" sounds slightly Scrooge like so maybe the socks are in keeping! SDA maybe you need to make your public Christmas list in larger print! Oh and I take it any plans to hold a Rally at yours for New Year have come to nothing. Shame but then we don't have a van at present.....but that is our next purchase to go with my new Kindle!

When is the best time of year to pick up a good deal?.....please don't say October!

Lee, ' Hitched' to Sarah....and in search of an Eriba to also be hitched to...

Last edited Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:13 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:26 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I am giving said 'boring jumper' it's world premiere this morning, it's actually a fetching number in 'Teal' with lots of bobbly patterney stuff.

As to the best time to purchase it really depends.

Generally you'll pay more in Spring as the sap rises and caravan sellers, dealers and private, reckon that they scent a herd wanting to pay to be sure of the right van for the coming season. This also tends to mean supplies are at their best and if you're buying new delivery won't take too long.

Available supplies tend to dwindle during the Summer months as dealers don't want stock hanging about costing money and punters are out using their vans.

Come Autumn there can be bargains to be had as dealers are desperate to clear the decks for next season and not be stuck with the previous years stock. Private sellers don't want to keep the van over winter if they have their eye on a new one for the next year and will know there aren't too many people out buying at that end of the year.

So for best choice Spring and for best price Autumn/Winter.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:33 am
by Unhitched (deleted)

Thanks SDA. We sold our motor home in the autumn months for the very reason of not wanting it on our drive over the winter. I am wanting to buy new but Hitched loves to negotiate a deal so she has until the end of February to find her " deal" and if not then we will order a new Eriba.

Enjoy your new jumper....have you been shamed into losing the " boring" description I wonder?!!!

Lee, ' Hitched' to Sarah....and in search of an Eriba to also be hitched to...
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:06 am
by Crow (deleted)

What happened to the goodwill then matey? It is not
my name in the slippers anyway it's Left and Right.
(I get confused easily )

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:29 am

Quote: Crow wrote in post #21
What happened to the goodwill then matey?
I was going to ask you the same thing. What's all this 'typically sensible' stuff about?

I wondered if you'd swallowed the tanner in your Christmas pud by mistake

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:57 am
by Crow (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Silver threepennybit http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_kw=K...20+bid+from+99p

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:59 pm
by ellen (deleted)

Marks hot air balloon

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMG_00000031.jpg 

Proud owners of Doo-Dah our Familia 310
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:42 pm

I don't mean to be picky Ellen, but what use is a hot air balloon that's tethered to the top of a gurt great fibreglass pole?

The only time I've used a hot air balloon thingey was last New Years when one out of three launched managed to make it over the gardens at the back of our house. It climbed to about 50ft and headed away due east towards the M6 which is a mile or so distant. I presume that as soon as the flame goes out it drops to earth quite readily.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:44 pm

The 'boring' bit is that there's always a jumper, every Christmas and like the socks I don't really need another.

Remind us again, what particular model are you looking to do a 'deal on?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:00 pm

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #25
The only time I've used a hot air balloon thingey was last New Years when one out of three launched managed to make it over the gardens at the back of our house. It climbed to about 50ft and headed away due east towards the M6 which is a mile or so distant. I presume that as soon as the flame goes out it drops to earth quite readily.
Chinese lanterns. They don't always go out before coming down.

Don't care for them much myself, and lots of others don't either...

Here, here and here.

Once they've drifted out of sight at best they're litter, and at worst potentially much more than that.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:18 pm
by ellen (deleted)

The pole and balloon is just a bit of fun really when we are on caravan sites as no matter how hard we try to be thoughtful to our fellow campers we always seem to end up with a moaner. The last moaner was a woman who came out of her van just the once in the 5 days we were on the caravan park to ask my husband to move our car back as she thought that cars were ugly and she didn't want to see ours when she looked out of her windows. Funny thing was that she sat with her back to the snowdonia view to look out on caravans. Anyway, back to the balloon, Mark thought that poles and flags and windsocks probably droves the moaners of the world mad so he thought we should have one. Santa must have agreed as he brought him one. More important than all that, our grandkids think the poles and windsocks etc are great and they will enjoy ours when they come with us.

Proud owners of Doo-Dah our Familia 310
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:38 pm

Quote: ellen wrote in post #28
More important than all that, our grandkids think the poles and windsocks etc are great and they will enjoy ours when they come with us.
Being recent converts to the joys of poles and flags and all that sort of gubbins, we agree wholeheartedly.

And I think the balloon is ace

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:42 pm
by hob (deleted)

Zitat
probably droves the moaners of the world mad so he thought we should have one.

Time flies like an arrow...................fruit flies like a banana
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 61 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106594 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1