RE: So What Did You Get For Christmas?

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:53 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.797 Posts

Zitat
Being recent converts to the joys of poles and flags and all that sort of gubbins, we agree wholeheartedly.

And I think the balloon is ace

One minute you're whingeing about hitch covers (useful - 'cos I've got one) and the next you're extolling the virtues of flags (pointless, 'cos I haven't).

Weirdo.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:10 pm
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Well, here's something that will please you both and annoy you both at the same time.

a) A flag pole full of lovely flags.
b) A Hitch cover, suitably modified so that our extra large jockey wheel winding post will fit snugly under it.

flags.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:11 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:12 pm
by ellen (deleted)

Proud owners of Doo-Dah our Familia 310
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:59 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Absolutely your Miserableship.

However I doubt anything will burst into flames on New Years Night after a very thorough soaking for the previous three months, over open fields for the next five miles eastwards.

And for the record I don't like them either that's why last year was the first and only time and it was to satisfy the whim of a lady who'd bought them who is suffering from two brain tumours and who has very bravely actually made it through to this New Year too, fingers crossed.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:04 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Roger,

Has anyone told you before that your hitchcover shouldn't be exhibited on a family forum? There is something vaguely disturbing about it. I can't and certainly won't put my finger on it.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:12 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.731 Posts

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #31
Weirdo.
And a Happy New Year to you too.

Thing is, mate, I went to art college and pursued a creative career which opened my mind to many things, including the gloriously unfettered self-expression of having a flag on a stick tied to the front of my caravan.

It has also given me an almost unquenchable thirst for knowledge, part of which is a desire to question the rationality of certain aspects of the behaviour of the caravanning fraternity. One facet of this behaviour is the utter illogicality of spending the thick end of twenty notes on a vinyl thing to cover apparatus which is designed to function perfectly without it, just because Mr and Mrs Similar next door have got one.

Incidentally, on a different subject, would you like some help in performing a successful post-quote without including 'Zitat' in it?

Next?

Last edited Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:15 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:37 pm
by Crow (deleted)

With a little practice matey you could be a really miserable so and so
BTW what is a Zitat? (just so youze can show your knowledge)
PS I know

Last edited Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:39 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:41 pm
by hob (deleted)

A zidat is a small furry creature with 84 razor sharp teeth that eats crows

(I just made that up)

Time flies like an arrow...................fruit flies like a banana
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:49 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.731 Posts

Quote: Crow wrote in post #37
With a little practice matey you could be a really miserable so and so

Let's nail this once and for all.

I'm a miserable so and so because I don't like Chinese lanterns, because I can't understand the purpose of hitch covers, because I ate your Christmas present or because I was rude about your slippers?

Which is it?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:51 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

Going back to Ellen's post, can we have a thread about caravan site moaners?! Or is that not the done thing?! The vast majority of campers and caravaners are lovely, but the extremes & excesses of campsite etiquette do make for entertaining reading ;)

On the Christmas present front, I got a halogen oven for the caravan, so I now need to practice before February, so we don't starve in our Triton. I also got a soundbar to bluetooth to my tablet for use in the caravan - far more interesting but sadly it won't cook the dinner :(

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:58 pm
by Crow (deleted)

None of the above, it happens around this time of year, especially when the
zitats have been overused, and not had their nappies changed frequently enough.
Sit down somewhere quiet and write me a new years ghost story, please matey.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:23 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.797 Posts

I was worried that you had gone all mellow in the post-Yuletide glow, matey, so thought I'd best poke you with a sharpened stick to see if you were still fully awake and capable of operating in your traditional grumpy young git mode. I am reassured.

Quote: Pepé Le Pew wrote in post #36
part of which is a desire to question the rationality of certain aspects of the behaviour of the caravanning fraternity.

Since when have caravanners been rational - especially on this forum? Anyway since my hitch cover's encounter with Mus musculus last year, I had to get a new one to show the little blighters that my spirit had not been daunted by their vicious and unprovoked attack.

P1000426.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) (Note the vibrant red of my Alko plastics.)

I think I can handle the quote business thank you, smartypants, but I could do with some help posting a whizzo new avatar gif wot I have found, if you'd be so kind?

Happy Saturnalia to all.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:58 pm
by Unhitched (deleted)

Obviously I like hitch covers.......and now been converted to hot air balloons....and as for the lady who has survived 12 months with brain tumours then let her set off as many as she likes ( I think the term"whim" is a bit harsh) Things like that put things in perspective! Infact I might be tempted to set one off over Snowdonia tomorrow Eve in gratitude for my good health. Anyone else feeling grateful??

Lee, ' Hitched' to Sarah....and in search of an Eriba to also be hitched to...

Last edited Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:03 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:58 pm
by ellen (deleted)

Tomorrow night we will light Chinese lanterns and send them up to our son who is now in heaven, well that's what we tell our grandchildren. They think that Keith catches them just like he catches the balloon we send to him on his birthday. It was new years eve that he had a biopsy that revealed liver cancer. We feel lucky to have had him in our lives for 23yesrs and very lucky to have 2 other kids and 4 fantastic grandkids.

Proud owners of Doo-Dah our Familia 310
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:20 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

Oh Ellen, that's very touching and a lovely way for you and your family to share the memory of your son. Christmas and New Year is such a joyous time and full of hope. Yet there is also sadness for many to bear, when lost loved ones are absent from what is such a special family time, especially those that are lost so young. May your family have a peaceful and happy new year.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 103 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0