RE: I've a Feeling

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:17 am
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

Smitten,
the attractive prices you saw on Red Lion's Feelings are I think still on the high side. The 425 with camper van style roof has been with them now for a year. Originally £27K+ it was reduced by £1K and then put back up again. Interestingly it is on the forecourt at £26K but all the ads I can find show £27K.
They also had a 470 on the forecourt that is not on there website. This would be our ideal layout but is long. Lowdhams also have a 470.
I don't know what Red Lion will drop to on stock vans but if you were interested it would be worth going in with a very low offer as you might catch them at a good time.
I caught Wandahome at the right time. They had listed my 425 with many omissions, had not particularly flattering photos and after 6 months dropped the van by £4K. I then squeezed a little more out and ended up paying £22K. My van has the following extras in with the price:-
1500kg axle, alloy wheels,spare wheel, autonomy pack, radio prep, electric hot water, shower tray/curtain, electric heating, full carpet set, front side locker, Reich 2 auto mover with remote switching, Alko Premium jockey wheel.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:26 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:41 pm
by Greycamper (deleted)

Looks great Colin, enjoy every minute of it. Can tell you excited, was worth the trip Up North
👍 Pat

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:32 am

Curtains now done and rear seat covers removed. It looks a lot brighter. Curtain material is a Scion fabric and on sale through the "Outlet" side of their website https://www.scionliving.com/cerro-fabric...960-nnue132637/ We have used their fabrics for Roman Blinds made by Blinds2Go on our two bungalows and have been pleased with the quality. https://www.blinds-2go.co.uk/
a.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)b.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
c.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)d.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)e.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin

edit - the observant may notice the stickers on the rear window.

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Simboc2004, dinky and Islay like this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:34 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:23 pm

In another thread, the idea of panoramic roof lights came up. I mentioned the pop-top part of my roof differs from the Tourings. Today I found out it differs more than I thought whist giving it a polish. The outer surface of my roof is not GRP, but appears to be aluminium. I noticed a couple of scratches that had gone through the paint finish and show a metallic silver material.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:41 pm
by Dranddad | 23 Posts

Angela says, jealousy dose not become me.

Phillip.

If you wake up, smile its a brand new day.
eribaMotters likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:11 am
by Green gecko | 3 Posts

Thanks for the write up. We have a feeling 425 as well. Early model, 2007 in excellent condition. New to us, we have just taken it to France touring with our Tesla. I wish I had taken a larger cycle as I only have a folder under the bed. Like you I would be interested in adding a carrier, but I am concerned about the impact on opening and accessing the locker, which is used a lot, and the impact also on the turning circle, reversing manoeuvres etc. Any comments would be appreciated. Have you used it with a larger electric cycle? We have the original BPW chassis. Thanks, John K.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:30 pm

Just finished our first tow with carrier on and all went well. Enjoying a nice evening in Carnac, France. I fitted the Thule Superb Carrier as listed by Eriba. It is NOT the correct carrier. The factory fit is the Thule Superb Short model. I did a fix on mine, moving the front most racks back and adding a stainless steel plate where I had moved them from to add some support to the hinge area.
Access to locker not a problem once rack folded forward.
Only time turning circle could be compromised is in tight reversing and that’s when I would usually have a second set of eyes on things anyway.

Colin

Last edited Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:25 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:31 pm

Another update.
It has been 34-36c for the 3 days we have been in The Loire.
I've continued the practice of windows closed and blinds down on sun side with windows open, fly screens down and blinds up on other sides with a small fan on low. We have not needed the fan on at night, which is a first, so insulation is definitely better.
Our van, along with 2022? onwards Tourings has a newer style absorbtion (spelling?) fridge. These seem to be more effective than earlier models, so another plus. I was going to add a couple of 12v fans as I've done to previous vans but I'm now not so sure, especially as we carry a 2nd fridge for warmer climates.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:19 am
by Simboc2004 | 650 Posts

I added a Reich fridge fan to mine earlier this year - after last year's high temperatures on our trip to France - but, of course, I haven't needed it this year... Typical!

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:29 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #38
absorbtion (spelling?)

Here you go.

No bother. I know you're really busy and all

eribaMotters likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:53 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.608 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #38
Another update.
It has been 34-36c for the 3 days we have been in The Loire.
I've continued the practice of windows closed and blinds down on sun side with windows open, fly screens down and blinds up on other sides with a small fan on low. We have not needed the fan on at night, which is a first, so insulation is definitely better.
Colin

I have always erred on the side of caution with putting the blinds down in hot sunny weather, there seems to be a lot of debate regarding the heat trapped between the window and blind which can cause damage/ delamination to the window. The Eriba manual is vague it says it recommends to avoid the upholstery fading in strong sunlight close the blinds but ensure that the heat doesn’t build up when you close them? It’s been hot in Yorkshire and we have used our home made fabric sun blinds.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:08 am
by dinky | 211 Posts

wow 36 we were in eriba in last years 40 heat it was impressive to be so warm,
quickly noticed those rash tops really do keep cool,er then t shirts, wet microfibre cloth rung out whizzed in air before applying to neck ,
amazing the difference the zipped vents made in roof
keep hydrated

Pop320 did you use black out fabric in your window covers or does normal fabric work just as well?
remember the other branded leisure vehicles with black dark windows blinds down distorting,
I always err on caution with the blinds they like Arkwrights till, 😉

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:26 am

Quote: dinky wrote in post #42
Pop320 did you use black out fabric in your window covers or does normal fabric work just as well?
remember the other branded leisure vehicles with black dark windows blinds down distorting,
I always err on caution with the blinds they like Arkwrights till, 😉

Mrs Poptop made these, the material was from IKEA, they keep out the suns direct rays while allowing a draft into the van,

IMG_3884.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

SOULBLUESMAN68, Islay and dinky like this post!
Last edited Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:43 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:45 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

I'd forgotten how much I liked these blinds last time I saw a photo of them..

Didn't notice before but is that a Kampa PopAir on the other side?

MikeT

Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:54 am

Quote: SOULBLUESMAN68 wrote in post #44
I'd forgotten how much I liked these blinds last time I saw a photo of them..
Didn't notice before but is that a Kampa PopAir on the other side?
MikeT

Thanks Mike, yes it is a Kampa popair

IMG_3889.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Last edited Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:26 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105662 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1