RE: I've a Feeling

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:34 pm
by Corkman | 9 Posts

Colin, would be interested to hear your views on the Nova light, did it make it to your short list?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:40 am
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

The Nova Light and Feeling are exactly the same van, except the Feeling has had the top chopped off and a pop-top added.
They are both very well made and share the same strengths and weaknesses. Our Feeling is a joy to tow, better than any of our Tourings. The bathroom is the weak point, pathetically small.
I discounted the Nova Light as I wanted to have a low van. Like many forum members I actually do not really like "normal" Caravans. At 5'8" I can easily walk along inside with the roof down. The extra top cupboard storage capacity offered did not interest me and aesthetically the extra bulk does not really look correct.
At present a Nova L is parked up behind us. The Dutch owner says it is the best of the 6 vans he has ever owned.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:16 am
by Corkman | 9 Posts

Hi Colin, thanks for getting back to me, I didn’t understand that the Feeling and Light are identical apart from the pop top. We have a 2017 530 and like we are looking at next option. I’m reluctant to have £35k + invested in a van we will use a few times a year and are therefore interested in the Feeling, I’ve always like the external ascetics.
Apart from the cost the other weakness of the Touring s the unreliability of the plastic clips that hold the pop in place, we have had 2 bad experiences now which involved going to local DIY to buy 2x2 and giant cable ties to get us home, something I could do without. Also interesting to know you can walk inside with the roof down, maybe I could permanently bolt it down!, also is the bathroom smaller than your last Triton ( which I assume is the same size as the Troll), can you get a cooker as an option in the Feeling? I have always valued your sensible comments over the years

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:47 am

The bathroom on our Feeling, 425, which is the same layout as a Troll 530, should be the same size as those on the Triton and Troll Tourings. Because of the wheel arch location I find it smaller. If you have a look at the Feeling 470 which long single beds at the front and large seating area at the rear then the wheel arch may not encroach as much.
As regards the roof clamps, I think you had just been very unlucky as the failure of them is not a common occurrence.
The option of a cooker is not I believe possible on any Feelings.
At the moment a 2020 Feeling 470 with the hinged VW camper style roof is for sale on Gumtree for £20k. It is a good specification and comes with a combined space/water heater, so no oversize Truma gas fire. If you were interested you would need to see if it has the electric element option on the unit already fitted as it cannot be retrofitted.
If I had not bought my 425 I would have given it serious consideration.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:54 am
by Randa france | 12.874 Posts

This one's for you Mr Motters.

Jürgen Alber is part of a German Off Road Eriba Group.

feeling.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Simboc2004, Poptop320 and dinky like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:00 am

Oh ??

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:56 am

I though youi'd like it Colin. Especially good for Devon Lanes
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
dinky likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:54 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

is this a wrap film applied on sides x roof?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:13 pm
by Simon Todd (deleted)

I thought I'd jump in. As Colin knows, I have a 425 Nova Lite 2023. Anything I can help with, just holler

2023 Eriba Nova Lite 425
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:06 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.001 Posts

Off road in an Eriba?????

Think of the risk to the prize porcelain, let alone the fine lead crystal wine glasses and as for the 20 light chandelier oh dear!

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:26 am
by dinky | 211 Posts

not to worry its got the chassis rails, although there are some tourings on some not yet smooth roads

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:29 pm

Ian Capener off Facebook is in trouble. Any advice please?
·
Hi folks
Just returned from a trip where we lost the front end of our pop top roof from our Eriba Feeling 430 (2006)
Any ideas for a replacement either new or salvaged would be appreciated

Feeling 06.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:17 pm

I very much doubt a second hand part will be available. The only "good" bit is I believe the part has remained unchanged since the model was introduced in 2007, so if one is out there it should fit. In all honesty though I think it will be Hymer and a bucket full of money.
Would this be covered by the caravan insurance though?

Colin

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:27 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

firstly take lots of photos
as a temporarily fix would stick on that clear gorilla tape it works in all weathers, across front to stop weather getting in, then put the caravan cover on while waiting for insurance

send all photos to hymer saying what happened and ask them how to repair it.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:57 am

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #58
I very much doubt a second hand part will be available. The only "good" bit is I believe the part has remained unchanged since the model was introduced in 2007, so if one is out there it should fit. In all honesty though I think it will be Hymer and a bucket full of money.
Would this be covered by the caravan insurance though?
Colin

Hi Colin. Is the POPTOP fibreglass or metal? It looks very thin. I'm wondering if he could get an aluminium piece fashioned and glued/rivetted?

Randa

Last edited Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:57 am | Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105660 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4