RE: I've a Feeling

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:15 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

it looks metal to me, on the feeling,
not rivets, bolts that dont go rusty and a sealer are a better preference than popping rivets.

hymer need to be involved here as if a factory material fault they should recall for inspection,
a person could of been injured with whatever flew off.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:17 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

The main body of the pop top has an exterior face of sheet aluminium. It is a sandwich of insulation material with a very shiny white plastic interior surface. The end caps are plastic. If you look back to #21 you will be able to see the end piece that is missing.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:02 pm
by Randa france | 12.872 Posts

Right. I see that. I'll borrow your picture to post showing what's missing for others to ponder.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:46 am
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

I've just got under the cover and opened up the van for the first time since it went away in October. It smells lovely.
Before I covered it up for winter I did a few more jobs. In addition to the extra socket near the kitchen I added a switched feed to a set of three fans on the fridge. I must admit the fridge performance seemed better than those on my Touring's, but any extra cooling help is useful.
61-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) 62-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
As I had easy access to the 12v and space was available I added a battery voltage monitor.
48-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) 49-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
Finally, before we set off in the summer I was not happy with the location of the front most cycle position on the A frame carrier as it was in line with the jockey wheel. I moved it back but had to make a couple of stainless strips to support the hinge area where the tyre racks had originally been located.
Be warned, the on-line configurator specifies a Thule Superb Carrier. It is wrong and should be the Thule Superb Short for a perfect fit. I'd contacted Eriba over this error and you can guess the reply. They do not see it as an issue.
63-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) 66-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

smitton and Simboc2004 like this post!
Last edited Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:36 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:04 pm
by Simboc2004 | 650 Posts

I've just done my usual occasional search for Eribas for sale and noticed a large number of Feelings and Novas coming up.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:08 pm
by Simboc2004 | 650 Posts

In addition to the extra socket near the kitchen I added a switched feed to a set of three fans on the fridge. I must admit the fridge performance seemed better than those on my Touring's, but any extra cooling help is useful.

How typical, Colin, that, just as I finishing adding two fans to my Triton fridge, you have to up the ante and go for three fans on your Feeling...

Cheers, Simon

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

eribaMotters likes this post!
Last edited Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:08 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 41 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105658 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1