RE: Car Stereo to Eriba.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:35 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #14
Slowly getting there. HOW LOUD is the average Bluetooth speaker? Is 40 watts OK and is the volume controlled by the phone? R
The volume is controlled by either the phone, buttons on the speakers themselves or from the speaker maker’s app you put on the phone.

As far as wattage is concerned, a car engine is a good analogy; better to have power to spare and not have to use much throttle than to have a titchy motor you have to rev the nuts off.

Don’t buy very small speakers, no matter how many watts they supposedly produce. Tiny speakers will never produce a rich sound because of the physical limitations of the actual speaker diaphragm inside, and they’ll just sound thin.

Randa france and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:35 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.074 Posts

Your phone is the universal interface for everything - videos, music, satnav, fitness tracker, camera..... That's why you are struggling to find the tech designed for the 70's. Nobody wants to carry all that stuff in a bum bag anymore.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:31 pm
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

I can highly recommend the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom. Excellent piece of kit - even if you only have just one…

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:08 am
by Islay | 215 Posts

I have a big ear speaker. I use it at work and in Betty. You can control the volume either with your phone or on the speaker. Tough stuff. I've had mine for years.

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:20 am
by Randa france | 12.870 Posts

Next question please?

Does a smart phone only play MP3s? We've downloaded one file in MP3 format and it works well on the phone. However, we've tried another which is a WAV file and the phone says it cannot play it?

Yes, we can re format it by re-copying it as an MP3 but wanted to find out if what I've said above is correct?

It would appear that Android should support WAV but I've found this :- https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/ti...on-android.html

Should I download it or am I asking for trouble?

R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:20 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:51 am

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #20
Next question please?

Does a smart phone only play MP3s? We've downloaded one file in MP3 format and it works well on the phone. However, we've tried another which is a WAV file and the phone says it cannot play it?
Dust off your Googler. It's all there.

As far as I'm aware, WAV files are lossless (i.e. not compressed), and about ten times the size of MP3 files.

If you used WAVs you'd rip through your phone's storage in no time, and you don't need that kind of quality to do what you're trying to do.

The article above suggests that not all Android devices can deal with WAVs anyway.

Don't bother.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:34 pm

Thanks mate Learning all the time. Soon become a member of the 21st Century

I still find it funny that they call them mobile phones when none of our mob uses them as a phone.

R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:43 pm

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #22
Thanks mate Learning all the time. Soon become a member of the 21st Century

I still find it funny that they call them mobile phones when none of our mob uses them as a phone.

R
No worries

I ain't no expert - it's only what I've picked up as I've gone along.

It's also funny how - mostly kids - who do use them as a phone don't hold them next to their ears any more; they hold them horizontally in front of their mouths so they can talk into the microphone end and listen with the speakers turned up.

What's that all about?

Wouldn't it be easier to hold it next to your ear the way it was designed?

I dunno.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:36 pm

Zitat
Quote Pepe-le-Pew:- It's also funny how - mostly kids - who do use them as a phone don't hold them next to their ears any more; they hold them horizontally in front of their mouths so they can talk into the microphone end and listen with the speakers turned up.

I like the way the they think it gives them superpowers and immunity to injury. They especially demostrate this when totally ignoring what's going on around them, especially cars etc, as they just wander across the road without looking.

R

Islay and Simboc2004 like this post!
Last edited Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:39 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:52 pm

It's not Android itself that decodes and plays a particular music file, it is the chosen music player app. You are probably using one that doesn't support .wav files.

If you haven't downloaded a music app you may be using the default 'google file' app that is pre-installed. That doesn't support .wav files!

There are endless apps you can download from the google store but I suggest you download the app called VLC. This will play any media you have - video or audio. It is well respected and most importantly does not have any ads in it.

I use VLC on my laptop, phones and tablets.

Steve

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:53 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:46 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.308 Posts

Wouldn't it be easier to take guitar with you Roger.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:14 pm

It would clear the campsite, certainly I did take it once but don't like people overhearing the racket.

Last year we both took ukuleles which were OK on the very empty sites but again, they stayed in the wardrobe for most of the trip.

A few years ago, on a campsite in Italy, a German guy turned up with a T5 and he had an Alphorn on board.

T5.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

Islay and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:16 am
by Islay | 215 Posts

I lknow what you mean about people being gormless, standing in the middle of the road gazing at their phones. I nearly took out a couple of tourists going for a swim on my electric scooter this-morning. Adds to the excitement.

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:39 am

something like this ?
Lambretta-Amphi-Scooter-2048x1385.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa france, Simboc2004 and Islay like this post!
Last edited Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:40 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:06 pm
by Simboc2004 | 650 Posts

I was imagining more like this:

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 H21484-L284437042.jpeg 
 aquadeuch3-820x545.jpeg 
 aquadeuch5-1-640x425.jpeg 

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Islay likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 41 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105653 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1