Car Stereo to Eriba.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:04 pm
by Randa france | 12.870 Posts

Anybody able to give me advice or point me in the right direction please?

I've added a photo of our car stereo with a selection list of some of the music we have plugged into it via a USB. You can search up and down to select an album or a track.

Probably like most car stereos nowadays, once selected, it'll also give you a track by track read out of who the artist is and the song title.

IMG_4994.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

What I'm looking for is a device that we can use in the Eriba that'll do much of the same thing, preferably portable. We have a music player in the Eriba but it doesn't give a readout for track selection or for artist and song.

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:07 pm | Scroll up

RE: Car Stereo to Eriba.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:09 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.074 Posts

You could use your mobile phone or tablet and a Bluetooth speaker. Keep the speaker in the van and the phone anywhere within 30 feet.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:29 pm

Doesn't that mean you have to subscribe to a streaming service like spotify Steve? Also, you need to be on line.
We have all the music we own, downloaded onto USBs but at the moment, when in the Eriba, we can't find specific tracks except by trial and error.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:41 pm

Have you got an iPhone Roger?

If so it already has a music app on it which behaves similar to your car stereo. The music app can play songs installed on your phones memory. Like putting songs onto a USB you can connect your phone to a laptop using the charging cable and transfer the songs. With an iPhone you have to use iTunes to do the transfer. Once you have your songs on the iPhone you can play the music as you wanted but only listen to it using headphones. That is where the Bluetooth speaker comes in. The iPhone can then connect to the speaker wirelessly using it's inbuilt Bluetooth transmitter.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:01 pm

No, we both have a modern android phone Steve. What you are describing is a similar method to the way we transfer phone photos onto a picture file on a laptop.

R

Last edited Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:04 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:07 pm

The same applies to an android phone. Just plug it in to your laptop with the charging cable and use file explorer to copy files to the music folder on your phone. You may need to get a music app of your choice by going to the Play Store. I use an app called VLC

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:51 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.308 Posts

I took the Ludite route. Music transferred from CDs onto computer and then onto an SD card for the car and an MP3 player for portability.
I used to plug this into my computer speakers at work, still plug it into those I keep in the garage, and into either the radio or JBL speaker in the caravan. If I had stored them in the correct format I could have blue-toothed them to the JBL speaker.
The best MP3 player I had for ease of use was an old i-pod classic. I know have a generic one. Biggest issue was getting something with sufficient memory for about 300 CDs.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:02 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #1
Anybody able to give me advice or point me in the right direction please?

I've added a photo of our car stereo with a selection list of some of the music we have plugged into it via a USB.

I was going to ask why you'd posted a photo of a car stereo you'd found in a skip and then I read the post properly

First thing I'd do is give that thing a clean

Then I'd do what Steve suggested - copy your tracks to the phone and then Bluetooth them to a speaker or a pair of speakers.

A doddle.

No subscriptions, no Internet. The phone may well have a native app already installed that will do this.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:20 pm

Yes, it is a bit dusty isn't it? It looked OK with the naked eye but the car hasn't had the once over since we got back as it's been employed in moving garden waste etc.

Thanks to all for your advice. So there isn't a straight forward music player that I can pick up from Currys that'll do what I want?

Going to have to find out more about this Bluetooth stuff.

Randa

Last edited Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:25 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:40 pm
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #9
So there isn't a straight forward music player that I can pick up from Currys that'll do what I want?
Is there a particular reason for not wanting to use a mobile? It really is very straightforward and the display interface is likely to be better.

And apart from a speaker (or speakers) you wouldn't need to buy anything else.

I bought a UE (Ultimate Ears) Bluetooth speaker, and it was so good I got another one off eBay so that I could pair them and get proper - and decent - stereo.

The ones I got are obsolete now, and were superseded by Werbung: these.

I should flog mine. They go for a lot on eBay now. Silly money.

There's an app for them (of course there is) that allows you to pair them up and do lots of other jolly cool stuff.

Of course there are other makes. JBL are very good, and Sony do some too.

On a nice summer's evening I hang ours in the hedge and treat the neighbours to some hapnin' choonz. I've lost count of the number of times we've ended the evening with a garden full of next doors throwin' shapes to Ethel Merman's Cocktail Hour.

Cool, or what?

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:48 pm

Zitat
Pepe-le-Pew:- Is there a particular reason for not wanting to use a mobile? It really is very straightforward and the display interface is likely to be better.

Only that I am still a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to mobile phones. I have to admit that since changing my phone earlier this year I'm getting a little better.

Since reading yours and other comments on this thread, I've looked up Blue Tooth pairing and also the fact that about 312 somgs will only take up about 1GB of storage.

I have about 6 or 7GB of free space on my phone so it's all starting to make sense...................................I think

Randa

Pepé Le Pew and Simboc2004 like this post!
Last edited Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:48 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:58 pm

Pete. So I guess your UE speakers have rechargable batteries?
R

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:22 pm

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #12
Pete. So I guess your UE speakers have rechargable batteries?
R
Yep. Standard USB to mini-USB cable.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:56 pm

Slowly getting there. HOW LOUD is the average Bluetooth speaker? Is 40 watts OK and is the volume controlled by the phone?

There are so many out there but they are all a little vague when it comes to watts output. OK, don't wish to blast out Mr and Mrs WeGo ToBed at 9pm when we are sitting out with some low level music and a glass of vino but on the other hand, if we've got visitors at home then why not hence our several music players and use the phone?

R

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:01 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.308 Posts

Roger, 40w is LOUD. Our Denon hi-fi amp at home used to be rated at 30w. We never had it on over 1/2 the max.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 16 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105653 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3