RE: Toilet door top catch

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:44 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.608 Posts

The flexing and doors flying open whilst in transit appears to be more problematic to the island washrooms with the dinette at the front. These washrooms don't fix to the front bulkhead area which allows the outer wall to flex and pop the door open. It also doesn't help that all Eribas washrooms don't have a roof fixing because of the poptop...

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:46 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:44 pm
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

I recon something as straightforward as this would solve half the problems - Magnetic catch

~ N

~ 530 and proud

Last edited Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:45 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:13 pm
by SteveH (deleted)

I can't see any real purpose in the top catch to be honest? The whole van and units flex when in transit. And when on site the top catch is irrelevant anyway, surely? I use the backrest seat cushion wedged against the fridge and bathroom door to keep it closed when travelling.

Yorkshire chap showing Essex folk how it should be done sInce 1986.
Phillys the Hilux holding hands with Winnie the Troll 550.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:41 am
by Grandad Super (deleted)

Ours did the same
Used it without for a trip to Norway but the door moves about when towing on rough roads.
Used the match stick method to repair the holes and re fitted the bracket with the caravan hit he to the car and stands ect fully up.
Seems to be ok now.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:15 am
by Spapro (deleted)

I realised my 2 bottom hinges on the door itself had come loose. Matchsticks inserted and screws tightened up and all seems much better with our top catch now the door is fastened correctly !!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:18 pm
by Lusk (deleted)

That's a really good idea.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:21 pm
by Lusk (deleted)

Same problem for me too and this was one of the things that i explained that needed doing under warranty. So the repairers answer to this was just to put the very small screw back in place and then by the time i had done thirty miles down the road, the screw had fallen out on the floor. The screw is so small and the wood is too weak, hence it keeps falling out. The door also comes open during transit and no doubt thrashes around like mad.

My solution is to place the dogs bed on the floor immediately outside the toilet door when in transit and because her bed touches the base of the toilet door and the kitchen cupboards, the door can not come open and more importantly, it stops the door thrashing around and weakening the already flimsy wood.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:36 pm
by Saundersd (deleted)

The pin is useless for anything other than showing when the van is not level and well support , or in my case over jacked on its kegs, causing the door to be out of alignment with the panel. Ours fell off within 7 days of use of the van and it’s now been consigned to the back of the kitchen drawer full of useful junk we’ll never use. When loading up to travel We keep two crates of accessories like ehu cable etc just inside the door and put a cushion or rolled picnic blanket between them and the toilet door to keep it shut in transit, no problems so far

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:00 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

Just to confuse things. Over our summer in France during June I discovered a strip off wood that had dropped into view between the washroom wall and the overhead cupboard in the front diinette of our Triton 430. It appears it was slid into place to brace the washroom wall. I pushed this back and then before going to the Cambridge meeting I did the job correctly. That is I eased open the gap and braced it in the place I thought it had originally came from. At Cambridge, when parked up at home, when away last week and again when parked up I have noticed the door closes on the pin perfectly.

So, have you got a piece of wood filling the gap and bracing everything in place, or is it just me?

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:31 am
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

We just purchased a 2015 Triton 420 from Automotive Leisure. Cameron there says that the pin is loose by design but probably a waste time. He suggested a piece of pipe insulation across the top of the door and frame would help the door stay closed whilst travelling. and would be held in place by the lowered roof.
At present we just fiddle with the pin over the door to close it but a more permanent solution seems to just be a phillips screwdriver away (take the thing off).
Our hinges all seem to be secure at the moment. on our cabinets there is an aluminium strip along the bottom edge of the complete run which obviously improves the attachment of the hinges and prevents the frame breaking. The doors all look good. One cabinet however has a retaining strap so it only comes down parallel to the floor, the rest could drop and still potentially rip the screws out from the doors. Think I may get more of these, although I suppose should the door drop it may just rip the retainer screws out. The retainer appears to be like cable tie material similiar to this https://camperinteriors.co.uk/products/s...ant=32925596239 .

Triton 420 towed by Volvo S40 drive
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:59 am
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

Your van was obviously "fixed" regarding the overhead lockers due to the addition of the metal strip. The idea about pipe insulation has some mileage and I will have a look at the retaining strap idea. This also looks sensible.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:12 pm
by eckcan (deleted)

Eckcan, sorry to change track, but how is your rear cam wired up or is it wifi thanks eckcan?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:28 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

WiFi does not provide power. It is for data communications only, you still need to provide the 12V

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:56 pm
by johnf (deleted)

I like the restraining strap idea for top cupboards. I had been thinking of fashioning my own but buying several at £2 a go seems more sensible.

Has anyone ever retro fitted an aluminium strip to help improve screw retention for cupboard doors? It just sounds a bit longer lasting than the matchstick trick.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:33 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Assuming this isn't a factory fit, mine would have been done by Automotive Leisure. It is a very neat job

cabinet_alustrip_2.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

This is the cupboard with the retaining strip.

retaining strip.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

We also noticed a couple of wonky lights on our test weekend. AL sent me a couple of replacements and 2 spares. When fitting one in the toilet room, it was interesting that there was no slack to enable the light to be replaced by uncoupling the connectors. Instead I just chopped off the existing cables and put a couple of new connectors on. Funny that mine had the brown wire connected to the lights black and blue wire to the lights red. Seemed a bit back to front to me,

Seems to me that UK dealers do a great job sorting out Eribas quality problems.

Triton 420 towed by Volvo S40 drive

Last edited Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:35 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105662 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1