Page 7 of 12 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next Page »

RE: Nearly as quirky as the Eriba

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:42 pm
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

Quote: Frantone wrote in post #90
Let’s see Ribski’s original one!

It's on this Thread :-Nearly as quirky as the Eriba

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Ribski likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:31 am

Citroën - 2CV ‘Sahara’ 1964. A Twin Engined Car? Wow

2cv 01.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) 2cv 02.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

https://vimeo.com/173664604?ref=fb-share&1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpodMNktmu0

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:43 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:51 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Oh, I do like that. Am I correct in guessing the fuel filler caps are pooping out through the front doors. Looks like the driver is sitting on the tank.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:59 am

One under each front seat. I had the same fuel tank arrangement under my Ex Army Land Rover. We used to have fun when Mrs R and I parked right in the middle of a garage forecourt and filled up from a pump on each side.

The cashiers were always puzzled when we told them we were on Pump 1 and Pump 3

Randa

and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:12 am
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Here's another one for the list https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsKJMn0Mi6E&t=73s

I had a 1953 500C in around 1968. SXL93 was LHD and painted mid green and the paint surface used to go chalky over time. You could polish it up so it went glossy and several shades darker. One of the ugliest cars ever built but engagingly cute. You can see echoes of parts of it in the modern 500C.

If you look at the engine compartment on the video you will see a rather unique arrangement. It's a water cooled OHV engine, not air cooled like the later rear engined 500D. There is a belt at the front from the crankshaft that turns a shaft that runs fore and aft through the rocker box and drives a fan at the rear of the engine. Behind the fan is the radiator and behind that is the fuel tank, so you had to open the bonnet to fill up. If you looked inside the car, under the dash, you could see half the fuel tank, Now just imagine a frontal accident, the engine pushed back into the radiator and then back into the fuel tank. Kerboom! Funnily enough the risk never occurred to me whilst I owned it.Obviously a serious lack of imagination.

Another odd thing was that the universal joint on the prop shaft was a thick compressed disc of cotton wadding pad impregnated with some sort of early plastic/mastic. The spiders on the prop and gearbox shafts bolted through the disc alternately from opposite sides and relied on the flexing of the cotton to absorb the rear axle movement. I know all this because mine ripped apart whilst on a Sunday drive in the Chilterns, stranding us in the middle of nowhere with no power to the back wheels.

'Well the rain came, I thought you'd leave
'Cos I knew how much you loved the sun.
But you chose to stay, stay and keep me warm
Through the darkest nights I've ever known'.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:30 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.464 Posts

Don't think it was a lack of imagination Andy. When we were younger we never worried about anything (well I didn't). Nowadays I can see the down side of most things and worry accordingly.They say "with age comes wisdom", I think I prefer "ignorance is bliss".

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:52 pm

The Topolino was great, a previous owner had been unable to source an exhaust for it so they'd fitted a bit of bendy exhaust halfway back and bent it to the offside with a gash silencer under the passenger seat, poking out under the offside door. It sounded like racing Ford GT40 but could only manage a top speed of about 60mph. The opening canvas roof was great as the doorframes remained in situ to stop buffeting from the wind. It had a hand throttle on the dash, a sort of early cruise control, and the heater was a flap on the top of the back of the rad, which when opened let warm air down ducts into the car. Of course if the engine leaked any oil it was thrown onto the radiator and then the hot oil fumes came drifting into the cabin. Good old days.

'Well the rain came, I thought you'd leave
'Cos I knew how much you loved the sun.
But you chose to stay, stay and keep me warm
Through the darkest nights I've ever known'.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:44 pm

Chocolate 2CV.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Chocolate 2CV.02jpg.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Chocolate 2CV.03jpg.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

"It is eleven students in the "Chocolatier" of the hotel and catering trades in Saint-Nazaire, in Saint-Nazaire, which made the assembly of chocolate pieces to build this citroën 2 CV which requested 1200 Kg of basic material and 4000 hours of work"

Randa

Last edited Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:06 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:07 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Zut alors!

Quel gaspillage de chocolat :-(

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:15 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: steamdrivenandy wrote in post #95
Here's another one for the list https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsKJMn0Mi6E&t=73s

I had a 1953 500C in around 1968. SXL93 was LHD and painted mid green and the paint surface used to go chalky over time. You could polish it up so it went glossy and several shades darker. One of the ugliest cars ever built but engagingly cute. You can see echoes of parts of it in the modern 500C.

If you look at the engine compartment on the video you will see a rather unique arrangement. It's a water cooled OHV engine, not air cooled like the later rear engined 500D. There is a belt at the front from the crankshaft that turns a shaft that runs fore and aft through the rocker box and drives a fan at the rear of the engine. Behind the fan is the radiator and behind that is the fuel tank, so you had to open the bonnet to fill up. If you looked inside the car, under the dash, you could see half the fuel tank, Now just imagine a frontal accident, the engine pushed back into the radiator and then back into the fuel tank. Kerboom! Funnily enough the risk never occurred to me whilst I owned it.Obviously a serious lack of imagination.

Another odd thing was that the universal joint on the prop shaft was a thick compressed disc of cotton wadding pad impregnated with some sort of early plastic/mastic. The spiders on the prop and gearbox shafts bolted through the disc alternately from opposite sides and relied on the flexing of the cotton to absorb the rear axle movement. I know all this because mine ripped apart whilst on a Sunday drive in the Chilterns, stranding us in the middle of nowhere with no power to the back wheels.

" Funnily enough the risk never occurred to me whilst I owned it.Obviously a serious lack of imagination."

Ahh to be young and fearless !

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:38 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.464 Posts

A chocolate 2CV! Joy, could I just nibble a little bit, maybe just a windscreen wiper or door handle? I'm not talking about an entire body panel, please

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:15 pm

Maybe Betty's should make a chocolate Jowett Javelin.

https://www.bettys.co.uk/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jowett_Javelin

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:17 am

Zitat
Very nice video from Citroën, new international ad campaign 2018, echo at 100 years of the brand, accompanied by a well-known air of the British band Supertramp.

Randa

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:16 pm
by highmiler | 367 Posts

Citroen have taken a lot of flak by rebranding the DS and almost washing their hands nostalgically of the original DS,never a mention of the original in their initial and latter promos, then the cessation of production of hydropneumatic suspension, which was the reason that most diehards loved the brand. Interesting that what was the most iconic car the DS was not featured in that nostalgic piece, or the SM, my personal favourite. Good to see that they are re embracing their heritage.When they stopped producing their hydropneumatic suspended cars I moved on to Skoda.

Highmiler.Troll 530GT and Skoda 2.0 TDi

Last edited Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:56 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:35 pm

I ran a BX as a company car for a couple of years. Loved sitting at the lights and dropping the suspension, then raising it up and watching the faces in the car behind in the mirror.

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all
Scroll up

Page 7 of 12 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next Page »

Visitors
3 Members and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105783 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3