Page 12 of 14 « previous Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 next Page »

RE: New Kampa awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:10 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Clive,
I would hang on for any further developments on this awning. I have not heard of plans to improve the fit. Kampa admitted to me they were unaware of any problems following the modification. I am aware of one other owner who has experienced a post mod problem.
Mine is being tested on a van at Lowdhams in Nottingham this week, with Kampa traveling up to see it.
The factory fit on my 2017 430 was not good, and as with others pulled out of the awning track.
I did the modification recommended and it seemed to do the job. We were away for all of September and it pulled out once, I believe due to wind getting caught inside the awning. This should not have happened.
If you put aside the "pull out" and being a bit of a pain to feed into the track [a common awning problem], then the awning is very nearly very good. Fabric weight is nice and zips seem robust. It is fairly quick to put up, definitely quick to take down and the awning bag is a sensibly large size. It is waterproof although you can get condensation Footprint is good for 2 and OK for a family. I was dubious of the curtains, but these work well. One side has a vented mesh and the front can be fully zipped out, whilst with everything in place the awning is still fairly bright.

I am in a bit of a quandary and awaiting test results. I honestly do not know if I will return or keep the awning or not.
If it was cheaper or you could pick up a second hand one It is worth a go.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.

likes this post!
Last edited Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:11 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:13 pm
by Clive (deleted)

Thanks for your input.
To be honest we would like the extra space but if it's not a good fit, which it should be for the price.
How can a manufacture as big a Kampa not be getting feedback from its dealer network.
Clive

2013 Eriba Triton 430 pushing a Bmw x3 auto
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:36 pm
by Suzywong (deleted)

I don’t know which part of the country, you are in. But Norwich camping and leisure, in Norfolk, were offering try before you buy.

Eddie the eriba 320GT, pushing a Juke
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:06 pm
by Clive (deleted)

Doncaster
Thanks
Clive

and Old Rocker like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:54 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Steve Edwards of Eribafolk Facebook, posted this comment and photograph earlier today:-

Winter test of the Pop Air Pro 365... as with the wind, snow also drags the awning out of the rail! Some awnings have an extra triangular piece at either end of the awning, to ‘lock’ in the awning....it’s essential and should be on every awning. For 2 weeks in the south of France, this awning would be perfect, but for anything else, keep looking

Steve Edwards.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:29 pm
by Old Rocker | 493 Posts

whereabouts in Doncaster Clive? I originate from Woodlands

Troll 530, Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDI

Don't ask me nothing about nothing, I might just tell you the truth

Last edited Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:30 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:54 am
by Clive (deleted)

Hi sorry old rocker we are in Belton

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:02 pm
by pianosteve (deleted)

With well over 100 posts on a relatively new awning (Kampa), and some very strong views expressed about it, I shall be holding on for a review of the Eriba-specific Clairval Twin Air Awning. These things are a lot of money and it is an expensive process to make a mistake and have to buy twice...

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:03 pm
by Rfjamieson1 (deleted)

We've just had a conversation with Brian at AL about awnings, and he said that he acknowledged there were problems with the Kampa awaning, but only for vans later than 2010. He doesn't think there is a problem with earlier vans. Is this members experience?

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:31 pm

AL have made a accurate assessment.
Early vans appear to be fine.
Later vans can have problems, particularly on the longer vans.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:46 pm
by Rfjamieson1 (deleted)

Would anyone with a Kampa awning consider selling it?

We've just taken delivery of a 2005 Triton 420 and if the general view is that Kampa awnings are ok for 'vans before 2010, we would consider one.

Ron

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:05 pm
by Clive (deleted)

Where are we with this awning, is it any good or not ?

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:43 pm

If you have a low rail pre 2010 van, which you do not, or a post 2010 Familia, then all looks good and I would say it is a good awning and good value.
If you have a different van then the verdict still appears to be open, some have problems whilst others not. My Triton model has had a new awning cord fitted by Kampa and I should hopefully be able to test this at the end of April.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:17 pm
by Clive (deleted)

So what year is your awning Colin? and you say a triton 430 2013 would be ok ?

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:27 pm

My van is a 2017 Triton.
All vans up to 2009/10 with the lower awning rail seem to be fine.
I do not recall problems on post 2009/10 Familia vans.
Some post 2009/10 Tritons and more specifically Trolls have experienced problems, but many who have bought must be happy as they have not posted problems.

On the later vans the awning rail is higher up and the awning cord is getting pulled into the radiused ends of the van roof. This is why it is sometimes pulling out.
Kampa have made it clear that they want to resolve a problem if you have one and have dealers re-imbursed owners who are not happy.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

Page 12 of 14 « previous Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 next Page »

Visitors
1 Member and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105690 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1