Page 11 of 14 « previous Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 next Page »

RE: New Kampa awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:14 pm
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

IMG_1635.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
I got my awning today, thanks to a very charming lady :)
It fits my Puck like a glove, and I look forward to getting out again.
I think that something is wrong in the picture, but can't see what !

Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
Magpie, Poptop320, , , and Eribanut like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:59 am

Re post #110. I have just brought this strip, http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/pdf/ETS1395DR.pdf, and it has taken me just under 5 minutes to install, mark, and cut to size. I ordered 3 metres and that was ample. You order it by the metre. I took over 30 minutes with the Kampa one and got nowhere.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:36 pm
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts

That's something I've considered - I've a Puck L with the second upper awning rail - and the profile is completely different to the standard rail/gutter on the rest of the van ! There is no way the Kampa rain strip will fit !!!!!! :( Maybe this is the solution ! I hope so, and I will probably order some and find out :) Thanks fgor the info !

mr_underhill likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:36 pm

IMG_0603.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_0604.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Here are a couple of pictures that might help.

Ribski likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:19 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Well, all was going well, I'd done the motivation, awning has now been up for the third time, and it's pulled out again at the back back by about 100mm. I still have over 2 weeks left of holiday abroad and I'm not a happy bunny.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:00 pm

Update.

Moved up to the Dordogne for our last two weeks. Weather was lovely, one evenings rain and no wind. Wind is I think the cause of the problem.
I located the awning further towards the front of the van, folding over the canvas at the back that had now part covered the side window and packed out under the air beam legs with wooden discs. This seems to have done the job.
Having contacted Lowdhams on my return they forwarded my concerns to Kampa. They in turn said:-

"This is the First case that I’ve been informed of where a Pop awning has still pulled out the rail, despite the beading be altered. Perhaps there's too much tension being applied? Just to let you know, I've spoken with my aftersales team and the product development team and this is the first they've heard too. I think the best scenario would be to get this Awning back to be looked at."

So it is going back for testing.
Has anybody else still experienced problems following the mod?
1 - back end pulled out - full shot.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)2- back end pulled out - close up 1.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)3 - back end pulled out close up 2.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)4 - back end pulled out - internal.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:22 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

2nd picture, Colin. Is it just the photo or is the awning rail a bit wavey and deformed somewhat?

Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:14 pm
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

I wondered the same thing. Angles can lie.

Stewart

Triton 420 GT 2008. Skoda Superb MK111 Saloon
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:32 pm

Gentlemen, you are both correct.
Where the awning cord has been pulled out it has opened up the awning channel.
It had also done this at the front before the "mod" on cutting off the ends of the awning cord was done.
I have repaired both ends. At the back you would be hard to see where, but at the front I can see where I have had to reinstate the profile to what it should be.

Kampa have been made aware of this, as well as the fact that I have had to permanently fit the rain deflector as the fit was so poor the top of the gutter rail was deformed on fitting it.

Colin

Poptop320, and Williebraveheart like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:14 am
by Ian Guy (deleted)

I don't know if too much tension is part of the problem, but I wondered if this might be so early on in my own pump up awning saga, so I always fit the storm kit and site the pegs so that the straps pull the awning towards the van. Don't know if it helps, but I feel better.

Ian
Troll 540 GT & Skoda Superb
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:39 pm

Ian,
I have not used the storm kit. I tried to hammer one of the spikes into the ground but it bent. Not really up to the job. In hindsight I was grateful that I had not succeeded as the storm straps pull the awning away from the van and put even more pressure on the awning cord.
If you look at the attached photos you will see how the very effective and I believe correctly located storm straps were fitted on my previous Fortex. They hold the awning down by pulling it sideways and not putting any extra pressure on the awning cord.

P1020432-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Fortex on angle-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin

Williebraveheart likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:49 pm
by Ian Guy (deleted)

Colin,
Here’s a photo of how I peg out the storm kit order to pull the awning on to the van.
0CC5471B-DB0E-4FB4-884E-0A9E5E9130BC.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Ian
Troll 540 GT & Skoda Superb
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:10 pm

Thank you Ian, I like how you have reversed the storm straps so that they pull towards the van.
If/when I get the awning back I will try that idea next year..

Colin

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:59 am
by Clive (deleted)

Hi all
We have been considering this awning for some time and have a 2013 triton 430. Is it worth buying one?, have they fixed the problem that this post has been talking about. Or should I just ring Kampa and try and buy a secondhand one.
Clive

2013 Eriba Triton 430 pushing a Bmw x3 auto
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:13 pm
by rambling robin (deleted)

The 'current' Kampa pop air pro 340 supposedly for your van will hang like a sack of goo. Been there, done that with 2017 Triton 410.

Rumour hath it that Kampa are revamping the range to make them fit better - but the cost will be even higher.

To be honest, I suggest you look at the alternatives in the drive away campervan type awnings.

Much discussion about this and good alternatives on the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/eriba/

Neurotic Kia Sportage trundling MegaPuck 410
likes this post!
Scroll up

Page 11 of 14 « previous Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 next Page »

Visitors
3 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105689 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3