Page 7 of 14 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 next Page »

RE: New Kampa awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue May 16, 2017 10:42 pm
by bogbean (deleted)

I managed to put up my 340 awning on my own. It is heavy and I have a bad shoulder so I was pleased to have managed it. However I have failed to get the weather strip on, even with help plus silicone lubricant.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed May 17, 2017 9:49 pm
by TrollHonda (deleted)

We managed to get our weather strip on by the use of a hairdryer and screwdriver. We warmed the strip then opened it slightly with a screwdriver and it seemed to go on ok and returned to its original shape when it cooled. I have also got to say I ain't taking it if again, it is staying where it is 😊.

and like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu May 18, 2017 7:29 pm
by Pauli (deleted)

We have just tried to put up our Kampa Pop Air 365 and had all sorts of problems.
The additional gutter strip is an absolute nightmare to fit and I'd Lady D in the face cutting her lip, if I had hit her and cut her lip you would be reading my obituary.
Then after trying to fit the awning from both ends of Priscilla we found that after inflating the top air poles push the awning so far away that it pulls itself out of the awning rail.
We are taking it back when we get home to try and get our money back!

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri May 19, 2017 4:43 pm
by Bigmandiddyvan (deleted)

You have hit the nail on the head as regards the fixing to the van, a curved triangular strip between the air tube and the van would solve the problem of Keder cord pop out. If we can see it then why cant Kampa?

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri May 19, 2017 4:55 pm

The fix is not the solution

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri May 19, 2017 4:59 pm

i wish i was as lucky as you

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri May 19, 2017 6:20 pm
by FINNWOODY | 136 Posts

Regarding the weather strip, if it's the same plastic strip that I use for my porch awning, there is a right /wrong way ... if you look at the end of the strip it is shaped to only fit the rail one way.Press it onto the rail with the top of the strip pulled towards you.Pull down onto the rail and push the strip back until it's vertical.I have really bad arthritis in my hands and it takes me 2 or 3 minutes.No need to warm up the strip.(mine is brand new).

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri May 19, 2017 8:17 pm
by Argie (deleted)

Quote: Bigmandiddyvan wrote in post #94
You have hit the nail on the head as regards the fixing to the van, a curved triangular strip between the air tube and the van would solve the problem of Keder cord pop out. If we can see it then why cant Kampa?

I think Kampa do see it...problem is they are marketing the awning as a universal fit for all pop top caravans not just Eribas..
If they inserted a curved triangular strip it would then limit the sale to only Eriba owners,,,,,

Obviously the production of the awnings with the added strip would solve the beading 'pull out' problem...(as you say we can all see it..in fact I've mentioned this a couple of times way back in this thread) but that would then mean Kampa would need to produce two types of fit.. Eriba and other Pop tops and at the moment this does not seem to be something they wish to do even though it is something that they SHOULD do.

"Tugging a Troll called Eva" with my Honda CRV 2.2L i-DTEC

and Poptop320 like this post!
Last edited Fri May 19, 2017 8:18 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri May 19, 2017 8:32 pm
by Argie (deleted)

Quote: Frantone wrote in post Awning gutter strip
I always find it easier with a slight rotation from the van roof side outwards while pushing down.

This is how I fitted my weather strip...took about 5 or 6 minutes max.... It seems to be more about technique than force...

"Tugging a Troll called Eva" with my Honda CRV 2.2L i-DTEC
and like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 20, 2017 1:53 pm
by bogbean (deleted)

It would be interesting to hear how owners of other makes of pop top caravans have got on with this awning

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon May 22, 2017 3:01 pm

A good idea might be for Kampa to do the suggested mod on the growing number of awnings sent back and resell them back to the customers at a reduced price, otherwise what are they going to do with them? Brian.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon May 22, 2017 5:27 pm
by DEREK NEVIN (deleted)

well thats the 3rd time I've tried to fit that dam weather strip and the 3rd time I've given up so i can get the awning on i even took a little pair of steps this time to get up higher and gain more purchase. can someone tell me if I'm doing this wrong I'm starting at one end and trying to feed it on like you put the awning beed onand do a bit at a time then push it along but after a couple of feet it just jumps off. please help if this method is wrong advise welcome please.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon May 22, 2017 5:42 pm
by Suzywong (deleted)

Hi Derek, I don't think you would be able to push it along. We had to check our groove was ok, as it had been tightly tie wrapped together, which squashed it. So used something rounded to gently open it out just a little, I think there's a bit of a knack to it, because some others found it quite easy. We struggled, tried warming it, knocking it on with a hammer, cursing it. I think holding it over the ridge, taking it from you towards the roof, it seemed to be best for us. Don't give up I'm sure you'll do it.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon May 22, 2017 5:44 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

If I am reading this right you are trying to slide it along. That is not how I've done it. I laid the whole strip out in the gutter. A piece of masking tape held the furthest end against the roof then worked my way along bit by bit. I found it eased on by having it angled towards me then rotating it back towards the roof whilst pushing down.

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.

, , and like this post!
Last edited Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:22 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon May 22, 2017 6:40 pm
by DEREK NEVIN (deleted)

Thank you both I have obviously been doing it wrong Ill try the laying it all out although its quite coiled up makes that difficult but thats how in came but push on is what ill do angled towards me and rolling it back great stuff cheers 😇👍

likes this post!
Scroll up

Page 7 of 14 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 next Page »

Visitors
3 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12517 topics and 105602 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3